Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZFit Play on the Quest is a whole different animal vs. the GO!
Holy Amazeballs, now this game is near perfect for me. I already loved the addiction...battling it out for 1st and 2nd place in the weekly events on my GO (though have been down waiting for my Quest download as I gave my bro my GO last week) but it was quite annoying to me that all the cockpits were monoscopic. I can understand now if it makes the GO overheat though...truth be told, had I known, I would not have purchased it but I'm so glad I did anyway. I'm a huge 3D nerd...while portions of VZFit Play were in stereo...the cockpits were lacking any sense of depth...the maps did though...so everything was always just meh...paddling in a flat kayak in what looks like a semi-3d world was the worst one..I still played daily...

Then I decided to grab a Quest since you can now stream so many games wirelessly from Steam. I have a Rift, but now that's pretty useless to me so selling it. Anyhow, after getting the download, loading it up...I was crossing my fingers for stereo...and was blown away by just how different the game looks on the Quest. Even the menu GUI is actually in stereo. I never really noticed on the GO that it wasn't until seeing on the Quest. Now not only is the Kayak in perfect 3d, but the water is also, with a complete sense of depth. It was shocking when I 1st opened that one in the best of ways. 

This does not have anything to do with 6dof either though that's an awesome addition of course. I love leaning vs tilting my head....so does my neck! 

I just noticed 15 mins ago in the experimental features you can control some VR games with just your hands. Do those titles need to use a certain sdk, or does that work right now with VZFit?  

Either way, I'm about to find out!

If you are pretty dedicated to this exercise system (VZFit Play especially) and have the means to do so...it's an absolute no brainer....UPGRADE! You will absolutely not regret it.
You'll have some amazing VR games to play too, not to mention virtually the entire Rift/Vive library at your disposal using ALVR

Oculus really knocked it out of the park with the Quest...I'm late to that party. One of the 1st with DK1, DK2, CV1....then VR kinda went by the wayside...was at Ross shopping for clothes and they had a very nice looking Fila exercise bike on clearance for $49.00...I remember VirZoom changed their business model and went to the sensor, bought the bike, went home and immediately ordered this. Thankfully on a 50% of sale!!! It's brought my love of VR back front and center so thankful for that as well.

Stay Healthy, Have Fun!

If anyone ever wants to meet up for a ride, PM me and let's schedule something!
(05-07-2020, 07:49 PM)Loyalty Wrote: Holy Amazeballs, now this game is near perfect for me. I already loved the addiction...battling it out for 1st and 2nd place in the weekly events on my GO (though have been down waiting for my Quest download as I gave my bro my GO last week) but it was quite annoying to me that all the cockpits were monoscopic. I can understand now if it makes the GO overheat though...truth be told, had I known, I would not have purchased it but I'm so glad I did anyway. I'm a huge 3D nerd...while portions of VZFit Play were in stereo...the cockpits were lacking any sense of depth...the maps did though...so everything was always just meh...paddling in a flat kayak in what looks like a semi-3d world was the worst one..I still played daily...

Then I decided to grab a Quest since you can now stream so many games wirelessly from Steam. I have a Rift, but now that's pretty useless to me so selling it. Anyhow, after getting the download, loading it up...I was crossing my fingers for stereo...and was blown away by just how different the game looks on the Quest. Even the menu GUI is actually in stereo. I never really noticed on the GO that it wasn't until seeing on the Quest. Now not only is the Kayak in perfect 3d, but the water is also, with a complete sense of depth. It was shocking when I 1st opened that one in the best of ways. 

This does not have anything to do with 6dof either though that's an awesome addition of course. I love leaning vs tilting my head....so does my neck! 

I just noticed 15 mins ago in the experimental features you can control some VR games with just your hands. Do those titles need to use a certain sdk, or does that work right now with VZFit?  

Either way, I'm about to find out!

If you are pretty dedicated to this exercise system (VZFit Play especially) and have the means to do so...it's an absolute no brainer....UPGRADE! You will absolutely not regret it.
You'll have some amazing VR games to play too, not to mention virtually the entire Rift/Vive library at your disposal using ALVR

Oculus really knocked it out of the park with the Quest...I'm late to that party. One of the 1st with DK1, DK2, CV1....then VR kinda went by the wayside...was at Ross shopping for clothes and they had a very nice looking Fila exercise bike on clearance for $49.00...I remember VirZoom changed their business model and went to the sensor, bought the bike, went home and immediately ordered this. Thankfully on a 50% of sale!!! It's brought my love of VR back front and center so thankful for that as well.

Stay Healthy, Have Fun!

If anyone ever wants to meet up for a ride, PM me and let's schedule something!

With regard to hands control, we at least want users with thumb controllers to be able to launch Play and Explorer with their hands only. Both games are setup to do so when Oculus is ready, however Oculus isn't currently allowing 3rd party apps with hands control to be uploaded to the Store yet.  We're closely tracking when they do and will let folks know!
I recently entered the world of VR and bought myself an Oculus Go. This also eases the corona crisis a bit when I am at home much more than I would like.

I am using the Go with vzfit explorer with a spinning bike and it makes a world of difference compared to cycling while watching star trek. I doubted about buying a quest because of the much bigger price tag and didn't know yet whether VR would be something for me. For now sticking with the Go but probably going to buy the successor to the quest when it comes out in 2021.