Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VR but the cockpits and bike handlebars are in 2D...am I missing something?
(04-07-2020, 04:07 AM)Loyalty Wrote: But in VZFit play, the cockpits are monoscopic. (Racecar, Helicopter, etc)

VZfit Play is fully stereoscopic on the Go, we only ever had monoscopic for VZfit Explorer!  

You can tell those cockpits are stereoscopic by centering them in one eye, then without moving your head closing that eye and opening your other eye.  In the second eye they will appear non-center.

Btw Shon_T on another thread is running into overheating issues on the Go using stereoscopic in Explorer.  I predicted something like that may happen on this thread, so I'm torn about keeping it an option on the Go.

My next step would be to add a popup message when you select it on the Go that explains it may drain your battery and be less stable, but if we hear that people are still crashing may have to disable it again.
(04-08-2020, 04:33 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 04:07 AM)Loyalty Wrote: But in VZFit play, the cockpits are monoscopic. (Racecar, Helicopter, etc)

VZfit Play is fully stereoscopic on the Go, we only ever had monoscopic for VZfit Explorer!  

You can tell those cockpits are stereoscopic by centering them in one eye, then without moving your head closing that eye and opening your other eye.  In the second eye they will appear non-center.

Btw Shon_T on another thread is running into overheating issues on the Go using stereoscopic in Explorer.  I predicted something like that may happen on this thread, so I'm torn about keeping it an option on the Go.

My next step would be to add a popup message when you select it on the Go that explains it may drain your battery and be less stable, but if we hear that people are still crashing may have to disable it again.

Ok, maybe I need my eyes checked lol I'm going to take some screencaps and view on my Nvidia 3D monitor. I could swear when I'm in the car, in the kayak, on the bike its completely mono....  Example....the cycling based games in VZFit play, the handlebars look identical to VZFit Explorer in Mono mode. It doesn't look like when you put it in stereo at  all.

Your solution for a pop-up I think is great. Personally....I'm not worried about it on the GO anymore...I just got a Quest :Smile I'm waiting for my emails from Oculus to download. Can't wait to exp the difference having 6-dof.  

If you have a GO handy, can you jump in a cycling game in VZFit, then go into VZFit Explorer and enable stereo. Do they really look the same to you? If so, something is going on with mine.
Hey Emalafeew!

Hope you're doing well. I just go this going on my Quest and WOW it's like a totally different game!

On the Quest you're right, every cockpit is in 3D...the GO however it really is not.

If you're seeing the VZFit Play cockpits, on the GO in stereo you must be running a different build that isn't released to everyone.

I've checked and it says mine is up to date.

That said, I don't really mind because I gave my GO to my bro, and with the Quest it's even more amazing!
(05-07-2020, 07:32 PM)Loyalty Wrote: Hey Emalafeew!

Hope you're doing well. I just go this going on my Quest and WOW it's like a totally different game!

On the Quest you're right, every cockpit is in 3D...the GO however it really is not.

If you're seeing the VZFit Play cockpits, on the GO in stereo you must be running a different build that isn't released to everyone.

I've checked and it says mine is up to date.

That said, I don't really mind because I gave my GO to my bro, and with the Quest it's even more amazing!

Hey!  

Glad you're enjoying the Quest.  The GO uses the exact same build as Quest, but it can have different behavior under each for performance and capability reasons.  

You are probably noticing the difference between "Monoscopic" setting in the Options menu.  On the Quest it defaults to off, which gives you stereo rendering, but on the GO it defaults to on which renders the same image to both eyes.  The reason is that stereo rendering on the GO can noticeably drain the battery faster or cause overheating on long rides.