Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user - A couple of thoughts
I've been using VZplay in my exercise routine for a few weeks now and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. I enjoy the bike rides (Cali & Italy) so much that I've barely touched the other games. I'd love to see more locations, but even more so, I'd love to see these at night. As I'm working out, I look up at the sun and it feels like it's blazing down on me. I know it's all in my head, but it's visceral. 

Anyway, you've done a great job here. Any chance for more variety of locations, time of day, or weather? 

Also, I can never seem to get the view perfectly centered. Even after re-centering, when I look down at the bike, it's off slightly to the left. It's as if it's aligned with my left eye instead of the center of my headset (Quest). It kind of throws me off while steering. 

Cheers
New cycle levels, time of day (which we'll have in upcoming Lotus Pond), and weather are all great ideas.

We tackle things one sprint at a time (which I cover in "our next update" thread), but these are getting near the top of our backlog for future sprints.

Re: recentering, it puts the bike right under your head, in the direction of your head when you are looking at and hit the recenter button. If the result doesn't seem right, you can try to game it by looking or leaning a little bit to the right until it does.
Thank you. It turns out I was leaning a little to the left and simply didn't notice. Re-centering works great now.

Oh, and one more thought: it'd be nice to have a 10 second warning as I approach the upcoming gate in the cycle levels. By the time I get the 5 second warning, it's often too late to catch up. Maybe I should just pay more attention, though. : )

Much appreciated.
(03-17-2020, 02:20 AM)Friday Wrote: Thank you. It turns out I was leaning a little to the left and simply didn't notice. Re-centering works great now.

Oh, and one more thought: it'd be nice to have a 10 second warning as I approach the upcoming gate in the cycle levels. By the time I get the 5 second warning, it's often too late to catch up. Maybe I should just pay more attention, though. :  )

Much appreciated.

Check out the HUD above the bike handlebars.  It shows a distance to next gate bar, and a time remaining to next gate bar.  As long as you keep the time remaining bar larger than the distance bar you'll get each gate bonus!
What is the timeline for future locations for bike rides in VZPLAY?
Just a note on the "blazing sun" -- there is a 90-mile ride in Yukon, Alaska -- you can always switch to that ride when you want to cool off. Wink
(04-12-2020, 09:49 PM)fmario619 Wrote: What is the timeline for future locations for bike rides in VZPLAY?

We've been focusing sprints on either Explorer or Play, and this month is Explorer.  Next month we've been thinking about other cycling locations in Play, but we could also give Le Tour and Cali Rally some more looks with an option to change their time of day or season.