Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Impressions of Explore
Hi Shon were you free-riding on on a path when dots ran out, and what was your lat/Lon? Often if you zoom in really close to that location on street view website you’ll see a break in the path where dots run out. In free ride mode, dot loading depends.on streetviews dot connectivity info, so you get stuck when there’s a break. When following a path however we jump you over missing dots.
(02-22-2020, 01:11 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Hi Shon were you free-riding on on a path when dots ran out, and what was your lat/Lon?  Often if you zoom in really close to that location on street view website you’ll see a break in the path where dots run out.  In free ride mode, dot loading depends.on streetviews dot connectivity info, so you get stuck when there’s a break.  When following a path however we jump you over missing dots.

No...the route was on a main road... Street view was there...I actually scrolled through it on Google Maps to make sure.

Has a similar problem today. "Shon_T Kakegawa Ride 2" 82% Completed, had many dots in front of me. I paused the menu to mark my coordinates down. When I closed the menu, there were no longer dots available.

I seem to be experiencing this problem more in "comfort mode" when I am in "country mode" the path finding seems a bit better.
Thanks Shon. If you quit the app, or go to another ride, and then resume Kakegawa Ride 2 at 82% do you see the dots?
(02-23-2020, 01:14 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Thanks Shon.  If you quit the app, or go to another ride, and then resume Kakegawa Ride 2 at 82% do you see the dots?

No. They just disappeared. I tried both.
(02-24-2020, 03:58 PM)Shon_T Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 01:14 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Thanks Shon.  If you quit the app, or go to another ride, and then resume Kakegawa Ride 2 at 82% do you see the dots?

Ok then I should be able to repro it and find out why!
(02-24-2020, 11:03 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 03:58 PM)Shon_T Wrote:

Ok then I should be able to repro it and find out why!

Thanks! I'm under the weather today...so I will likely not try to resume the ride today or tomorrow. If I do and it is still an issue, I can just create another ride like I did before. 

I appreciate your vigilance and assistance. Smile
Just to let you know, I've reproduced your issue at that location, and you're right Google maps does show StreetView data there. I'm now figuring out the problem, hope to have it fixed for when you're feeling better.

UPDATE:

Found the issue, I had disabled "jumping ahead on a path" for some city mode debugging and forgot to reenable. That behavior goes into effect when the next image along a path is beyond 50m from the nearest image, and is important for skipping over uneven distributions or slight divergence of Streetview data with direction data. Building a hotfix now, thanks again for the report!

UPDATE:

That hotfix build is out, along with a couple other small improvements.
(02-27-2020, 08:20 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Just to let you know, I've reproduced your issue at that location, and you're right Google maps does show StreetView data there.  I'm now figuring out the problem, hope to have it fixed for when you're feeling better.

UPDATE:

Found the issue, I had disabled "jumping ahead on a path" for some city mode debugging and forgot to reenable.  That behavior goes into effect when the next image along a path is beyond 50m from the nearest image, and is important for skipping over uneven distributions or slight divergence of Streetview data with direction data.  Building a hotfix now, thanks again for the report!

Thanks for your continued vigilance on this issue. I've been out of commission the last few days. I hope to be back on my feet by next week.