Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UFO Hunt
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
I am either very close, or I have completely misinterpreted this clue.... Big Grin Must have put on 20 miles looking for this darn thing today.
(01-30-2020, 07:42 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: I am either very close, or I have completely misinterpreted this clue.... Big Grin  Must have put on 20 miles looking for this darn thing today.
Based on your ride data I think you came to a rapid of a conclusion about the city.
Thanks! I've got another hunch... Smile
dang, thought I had this one figured out! Cryptic clue indeed... Smile
Dang, this one's tricky!

Breaking down my thoughts so far....

It is apparently not the "Van Buren Lights", an incident from Van Buren, Arkansas (OK, maybe too obvious.)

Next we visit a relatively obscure sighting in France, at Rennes-le-Chateau, which is related to an author named Elizabeth Van Buren, and which is also near a place called Sirius (which happens to be the name of the brightest star in the sky).   No luck.

OK, let's get a little more obscure; maybe "star" refers to Hollywood stars.

"The Situation" everyone knows is Mike Sorrentino from Jersey Shore; "Van Buren" is a detective on Law and Order (on the case!)   A little searching brings us to a UFO sighting on the New Jersey Turnpike headed toward Staten Island (which, coincidentally, is where Sorrentino was born!) ... riding back and forth between Staten Island and Carteret, NJ, however, yields no UFO's...  (This sighting also refers to witnesses from Throg's Neck Bridge in the Bronx, which I have also found to be UFO-free.)

And, just for kicks, I tried riding past the SiriusXM radio building in Manhattan - no luck there either. Smile

The hunt continues!  Am I getting close?? Smile
(02-01-2020, 02:35 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: Dang, this one's tricky!

Breaking down my thoughts so far....

It is apparently not the "Van Buren Lights", an incident from Van Buren, Arkansas (OK, maybe too obvious.)

Next we visit a relatively obscure sighting in France, at Rennes-le-Chateau, which is related to an author named Elizabeth Van Buren, and which is also near a place called Sirius (which happens to be the name of the brightest star in the sky).   No luck.

OK, let's get a little more obscure; maybe "star" refers to Hollywood stars.

"The Situation" everyone knows is Mike Sorrentino from Jersey Shore; "Van Buren" is a detective on Law and Order (on the case!)   A little searching brings us to a UFO sighting on the New Jersey Turnpike headed toward Staten Island (which, coincidentally, is where Sorrentino was born!) ... riding back and forth between Staten Island and Carteret, NJ, however, yields no UFO's...  (This sighting also refers to witnesses from Throg's Neck Bridge in the Bronx, which I have also found to be UFO-free.)

And, just for kicks, I tried riding past the SiriusXM radio building in Manhattan - no luck there either. Smile

The hunt continues!  Am I getting close?? Smile
There's one word in both my clue and first response you skipped that is important.
Aha! The one word I didn't consider... Smile Found it!
(01-14-2020, 09:42 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: Check out our most recent blog for the details on our new UFO Hunt! Blog Post

Please use this thread to discuss options and ideas.  We will update the main post here to show how many UFO's have been found and by how many people.

Good luck and happy hunting!

UFO HUNT
Mount Rainier: Found by 44 users
Location #2: Found by 14 users
Location #3: Found by 4 users
Location #4: Found by 2 users
Location #5: Found by 3 users
Location #6: found by Stain2319
Location #7: Not Found

Fixed that for you Wink
(02-03-2020, 08:42 PM)Stain2319 Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 09:42 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: Check out our most recent blog for the details on our new UFO Hunt! Blog Post

Please use this thread to discuss options and ideas.  We will update the main post here to show how many UFO's have been found and by how many people.

Good luck and happy hunting!

UFO HUNT
Mount Rainier: Found by 44 users
Location #2: Found by 14 users
Location #3: Found by 4 users
Location #4: Found by 2 users
Location #5: Found by 3 users
Location #6: found by Stain2319
Location #7: Not Found

Fixed that for you Wink

Hahah thanks!  Nice job figuring it out!