Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZfit Explorer favorite rides
I found an issue with Climb 2, stage 20 this morning. Riding forward, at 62%, (7.1 miles remaining), the white dots ended at a roundabout. I tried checking out the various outlets of the roundabout, as well as resuming the ride, but no luck. My profile should be saved at this point for this ride you want to check it out.
Thanks again will look. On Friday I confirmed streetview matches google directions, but there may still be connectivity or lookahead problem. If so I have an idea how to fix, that could also address a connectivity problem ggroppe found.
We've released an update that fixes this particular dead-end. The problem is definitely with connectivity, our next planned release will have a more general fix.
(07-20-2019, 12:48 PM)emalafeew Wrote: I added a lightly outlined font for these three texts in last night's Explorer release.  It's a tough balance to keep readable against all backgrounds, but a gray background for the max sizes they could get felt too large.

The outlined font helps a lot. As long as I can make out what the text says against a light sky, the change works for me.

It looks like another change came along with this build, though, that obscures some of this text. When the trainer stands (at least the male trainer. I haven't tried with the female trainer since this update), their head & helmet now obscures the remaining time of the current effort level. It seems like this text now floats lower over the trainer's head. Any chance this can be bumped higher over the trainer's head like (I think) it used to be?
The new text uses a different method of alignment. I tried to keep it above both male and female trainers but could see how it could intersect with standing male. The countdown number should still be drawing on top of their head, but we can look into correcting for real.
The text over the trainer's head has been fixed in latest build, and we've also implemented an automatic way to resolve path disconnect problems like surfous found in Climb 2.
(08-01-2019, 03:19 AM)emalafeew Wrote: The text over the trainer's head has been fixed in latest build, and we've also implemented an automatic way to resolve path disconnect problems like surfous found in Climb 2.

Muchas thank yous! It's a definite QOL improvement with the improved visibility of the outlined font for both the trainer text and lower HUD text.

Also, today when I rode Climb 1 in reverse, I hit a point where the white dot path descended rapidly while I remained at a higher altitude until I got stuck. I just looked down and hit A to re-center, and I was back on track in a flash. I love that my ride could be fixed with negligible interruption.
(08-02-2019, 05:45 PM)surfous Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 03:19 AM)emalafeew Wrote: The text over the trainer's head has been fixed in latest build, and we've also implemented an automatic way to resolve path disconnect problems like surfous found in Climb 2.

Muchas thank yous! It's a definite QOL improvement with the improved visibility of the outlined font for both the trainer text and lower HUD text.

Also, today when I rode Climb 1 in reverse, I hit a point where the white dot path descended rapidly while I remained at a higher altitude until I got stuck. I just looked down and hit A to re-center, and I was back on track in a flash. I love that my ride could be fixed with negligible interruption.

I'm glad, and will look into that case anyhow!  Thanks to Snowpelt for suggesting that recentering in VR also put you back on path.
I believe I mentioned this in June or July with an earlier release.  Some "Completed" rides are not displaying as "Finished" within the game and also indicate 0% Progress. I didn't provide much detail previously, but this time I captured some streaming shots from my ipad (see attachments).  Here are the specific rides:
  • Westfjords, Iceland
  • Sedona, Arizona
  • State of Alagoas, Brazil
  • Arches, Utah
  • Fjallbacka, Sweden
Minor gripe for sure, but wanted to point out the error Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-10-2019, 06:42 PM)Officespaced Wrote: I believe I mentioned this in June or July with an earlier release.  Some "Completed" rides are not displaying as "Finished" within the game and also indicate 0% Progress. I didn't provide much detail previously, but this time I captured some streaming shots from my ipad (see attachments).  Here are the specific rides:
  • Westfjords, Iceland
  • Sedona, Arizona
  • State of Alagoas, Brazil
  • Arches, Utah
  • Fjallbacka, Sweden
Minor gripe for sure, but wanted to point out the error Smile

Thanks for the details.  In the game we use a cache of your completion data, whereas the web stats page uses the raw data.  I synced everyone's cache last Friday with the latest release, but anybody with the game still open would have overwritten it.  I assume everyone's closed their game since then, so will resync now.