Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZfit Explorer favorite rides
We've added two more rides from surfous and simonator to the Suggested list, thanks again for making and sharing them! They've been on the New list a little while so leaderboard action has already begun.

Surfous's San Simeon Ride explores the California coast below Big Sur. It's less rocky with more distant views, and you'll see more detail from the 3rd person than 1st person (like other wide flat rides).

Simonator's Hickory Ride takes you through bucolic fields and farms of western Pennsylvania. The image alignment and depth distortion along the route is particularly good given the curves and hilly landscape. I'm also adding it to my list of places to motorcycle IRL!
(08-11-2019, 01:42 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 06:42 PM)Officespaced Wrote: I believe I mentioned this in June or July with an earlier release.  Some "Completed" rides are not displaying as "Finished" within the game and also indicate 0% Progress. I didn't provide much detail previously, but this time I captured some streaming shots from my ipad (see attachments).  Here are the specific rides:
  • Westfjords, Iceland
  • Sedona, Arizona
  • State of Alagoas, Brazil
  • Arches, Utah
  • Fjallbacka, Sweden
Minor gripe for sure, but wanted to point out the error Smile

Thanks for the details.  In the game we use a cache of your completion data, whereas the web stats page uses the raw data.  I synced everyone's cache last Friday with the latest release, but anybody with the game still open would have overwritten it.  I assume everyone's closed their game since then, so will resync now.

Everyone is synced again, you just need to restart Explorer to get the updated data.
(08-11-2019, 01:42 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 06:42 PM)Officespaced Wrote: I believe I mentioned this in June or July with an earlier release.  Some "Completed" rides are not displaying as "Finished" within the game and also indicate 0% Progress. I didn't provide much detail previously, but this time I captured some streaming shots from my ipad (see attachments).  Here are the specific rides:
  • Westfjords, Iceland
  • Sedona, Arizona
  • State of Alagoas, Brazil
  • Arches, Utah
  • Fjallbacka, Sweden
Minor gripe for sure, but wanted to point out the error Smile

Thanks for the details.  In the game we use a cache of your completion data, whereas the web stats page uses the raw data.  I synced everyone's cache last Friday with the latest release, but anybody with the game still open would have overwritten it.  I assume everyone's closed their game since then, so will resync now.
Thanks, seems to be all good now!  Cool
I just played "Officespaced's Unknown 11 Ride" which is on Cactus Forest Dr outside Tuscon AZ. What a beautiful route!!!

It's got a lot of turns and hills so challenging for dots to track the road. But what makes it really unique are the depth cues you get from all the cactii.
We've suggested a new ride, a 13 mile stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway around Asheville, NC. Be the first on its leaderboard!
And finally reposted the Boston Marathon. This was our first ride to have directions, which we livestreamed on Facebook back in April 2019. But it used a brittle and time-consuming recording method we had to discard, so haven't been able to bring it back until the new KML importer.
Somehow our Yosemite ride's depth data has worsened, to the point that I had to shorten it to the last 11 miles which are still workable. To everyone who had finished it's original 36 mile length, we salute you. To everyone who hadn't gotten to the last 11 miles, you're welcome!
I tweaked the beginning of the Marathon ride to match the actual starting line and avoid some startup image ugliness. Also had some fun when you get to Heartbreak Hill and the finish line.
We just added an 11 mile Mt Rainier Ride by our very own PeteMac, who's toured the area by motorcycle.
Was trying to ride on Explorer in Lithuania, Vilnius and Trakai. Both very sluggish, loading very slowly the white dots that you have to follow, I has to stop and wait until dots are loaded. Utah was no problem
I rode over 30 minutes, but on Fitbit shows only 8 minutes
The day before Yesterday Fitbit record is correct exactly 45 minutes. It is kind of intermittent whether it will record accurately . Please can you check