Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZfit Explorer Rides Stop Before End
I seem to be accumulating Explorer rides which stop before the end with no further dots.  The VR bike still recognizes when I peddle and I can switch to other rides with no issues.  The stopped rides will not resume/advance past the the frame they stopped at.  I can peddle in reverse and the bike will backup through previous frames.  But, peddling forward, the ride will not advance past the frame it stopped at.  I have completed quite a few rides and I know there have been a few where I have reached a frame with no further dots, but the dots seem to catch up after several seconds of peddling through the stopped frame.  However, the stopped rides seem to be different.  They don't continue or resume. 

Westfjords Iceland (ride forward) is one that stopped at 95% complete and the Boston Marathon (ride forward) is another that stopped at 66% complete.  Based on the ride ranks, people seem to be completing these rides.

Is there a way to resume these hung rides without starting them over?  I am a little reluctant to start these rides over with the thought they might hang again in the same spot.  But, I don't necessarily like leaving rides unfinished.
I have repeatedly had the same experience [good description].  I would also like to know if there is a way to resume a ride.
(12-18-2019, 08:21 PM)billydwolf Wrote: I have repeatedly had the same experience [good description].  I would also like to know if there is a way to resume a ride.

The rides should be saving your progress where you left off. I show you both still at the % complete you where when you left off.  Is it restarting you at the beginning when you relaunch the rides?
Let's not confuse "rides getting hung with no further white dots" with "ability to resume progress"!

As Snowpelt said, you should be able to resume any ride from your last % complete from the Ride Details screen, by choosing "Resume %" button instead of "Ride Forward" or "Ride Reverse" which will start you over from the beginning or end of the path.

Our Explorer release a few weeks ago should have greatly reduced instances of rides getting hung with no further white dots. If that's still happening to anyone we'd love to get more details, and would ask that you email support@virzoom.com where we can help diagnose.

I'd also love to hear if "Resume %" on previously hung rides works to unblock them, either in the same run of Explorer or after restarting Explorer.
I am aware of the "Resume %". I have used it many times to complete long rides over multiple sessions. The "Resume %" does not allow the hung rides to resume, neither within the same session or after rebooting the headset and relaunching the application. It places me at the appropriate % where the ride hung with no dots going forward. However, I can backpedal through previous frames. So, this morning, I hit the "Resume %", turned the bike 180 degrees, and rode back from whence I came. To my surprise, the % complete incremented while the remaining mileage drecremented allowing me to finish the rides, at least numerically. Yes, I pedal forward when starting the application and select ride forward when initially starting the rides. I use the "Resume %" to continue unfinished rides.
(12-19-2019, 03:52 AM)emalafeew Wrote: Let's not confuse "rides getting hung with no further white dots" with "ability to resume progress"!

As Snowpelt said, you should be able to resume any ride from your last % complete from the Ride Details screen, by choosing "Resume %" button instead of "Ride Forward" or "Ride Reverse" which will start you over from the beginning or end of the path.

Our Explorer release a few weeks ago should have greatly reduced instances of rides getting hung with no further white dots.  If that's still happening to anyone we'd love to get more details, and would ask that you email support@virzoom.com where we can help diagnose.

I'd also love to hear if "Resume %" on previously hung rides works to unblock them, either in the same run of Explorer or after restarting Explorer.

As for me, I've had several rides get hung before completing.  Generally, though not always, I am able to resume where I left off.   However, I completed 20% of the long Youkon ride.  In the "Resume %" box is the number 0 [the same thing happened with the Arches ride], and the ride puts me back at the beginning.  I'd rather not redo the first 20% of this ride.   Is there a way to pick it up where I left off?
I got a ride hung up today at 95% with no further white dots - I am not sure, but I suspect it may be because of the specific location (a business complex with a gated entrance) and the map is probably putting me farther inside the complex than the Street View car was able to go Smile

This is on "Stain2319's Daily Commute Ride" if you want to have a look to confirm.... I am likely to build a new version of this ride anyway due to a bunch of missing street view data in the beginning, but it's there if you find it helpful.
(12-19-2019, 05:15 PM)hscheck Wrote: I am aware of the "Resume %".  I have used it many times to complete long rides over multiple sessions.  The "Resume %" does not allow the hung rides to resume, neither within the same session or after rebooting the headset and relaunching the application.  It places me at the appropriate % where the ride hung with no dots going forward.  However, I can backpedal through previous frames.  So, this morning, I hit the "Resume %", turned the bike 180 degrees, and rode back from whence I came.  To my surprise, the % complete incremented while the remaining mileage drecremented allowing me to finish  the rides, at least numerically.  Yes, I pedal forward when starting the application and select ride forward when initially starting the rides.  I use the "Resume %" to continue unfinished rides.

The case where you were able to turn 180 degrees to finish a hung ride is indeed interesting.  Dots only load in the direction you selected initially with "Ride Forward" or "Ride Reverse".  What you are describing sounds like the game decided to reverse that direction internally, I'll look to see how that would be possible.
(12-19-2019, 09:23 PM)billydwolf Wrote: As for me, I've had several rides get hung before completing.  Generally, though not always, I am able to resume where I left off.   However, I completed 20% of the long Youkon ride.  In the "Resume %" box is the number 0 [the same thing happened with the Arches ride], and the ride puts me back at the beginning.  I'd rather not redo the first 20% of this ride.   Is there a way to pick it up where I left off?

I looked at your telemetry and see you had completed a few rides on Yukon up to 20% by Nov 25. The next entry I see for Yukon on Nov 29 starts at 0%, as if you'd reset the ride with "Ride Forward" or "Ride Reverse".  I can't tell if you actually did that or if it was a bug, but I have restored your current position on Yukon to around 20%, assuming you were going in a forward direction.
(01-07-2020, 03:38 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: I got a ride hung up today at 95% with no further white dots - I am not sure, but I suspect it may be because of the specific location (a business complex with a gated entrance) and the map is probably putting me farther inside the complex than the Street View car was able to go Smile

This is on "Stain2319's Daily Commute Ride" if you want to have a look to confirm.... I am likely to build a new version of this ride anyway due to a bunch of missing street view data in the beginning, but it's there if you find it helpful.

Yes, it looks like the ending (beyond E Harmony Rd) doesn't have any Streetview coverage and therefore can't complete.