Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
questions on ride creation - public/private
Question 
Apologies if this is covered somewhere... it's my first day on Oculus Quest. Smile

Are rides you create on google maps and uploaded to the site viewable to others by default?

Is there some way to share/unshare specific rides, so that some of the rides (but not all) that I create can be seen by others?
(01-03-2020, 03:41 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: Apologies if this is covered somewhere... it's my first day on Oculus Quest. Smile

Are rides you create on google maps and uploaded to the site viewable to others by default?

Is there some way to share/unshare specific rides, so that some of the rides (but not all) that I create can be seen by others?

Hey There,

The rides you create are only viewable to you until you complete them. Any ride you would like to share after you complete it would be available to anyone playing.
To put another way,

All rides you create, whether inside Explorer or by uploading from Google Maps, are by default private to you.

You can find them under the Explore Rides->Created tab.

From their details screen you can choose Options and will see the option to Share/Unshare with others. Like Snowpelt said, it will only let you share rides you have completed once yourself. Also note you can only Delete rides that are unshared.

Hope to see some new rides from you!
Thanks very much for the responses! I was a little concerned about making a ride that starts at my home address and ends where I work... Smile

I will definitely be sharing some rides soon, mostly from my beautiful home state of Colorado!