Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about yourself
Hi everyone!

I'm Steve in Michigan. I've had a VirZoom bike since the beginning and thoroughly enjoyed it. I upgraded to VZfit in December, but couldn't get an Oculus Quest until just recently. Got everything set up over the past week and started playing with it last night. I like the changes to the tank games. Everything else looks pretty similar. Explorer looks very interesting, but I was too tired from the games to give it a honest try.

I've been just hand holding the button, because there doesn't seem to be a good place to attach it on the VirZoom bike. Seems to work alright that way.

One question: how do I close out of VZfit to get back to the Oculus Quest home menu? I can close VZfit, but it only goes back to the VZfit start page. I have to restart the Quest to get back to the main menu.

Steve
(06-01-2020, 01:41 AM)drsteve Wrote: One question: how do I close out of VZfit to get back to the Oculus Quest home menu? I can close VZfit, but it only goes back to the VZfit start page. I have to restart the Quest to get back to the main menu.

Steve

Welcome back Steve!  

You can exit Explorer from its More menu, and Play from its Options menu.  Home button on the Oculus hand controller will also take you back.
(06-01-2020, 01:41 AM)drsteve Wrote: Hi everyone!

I'm Steve in Michigan. I've had a VirZoom bike since the beginning and thoroughly enjoyed it. I upgraded to VZfit in December, but couldn't get an Oculus Quest until just recently. Got everything set up over the past week and started playing with it last night. I like the changes to the tank games. Everything else looks pretty similar. Explorer looks very interesting, but I was too tired from the games to give it a honest try.

I've been just hand holding the button, because there doesn't seem to be a good place to attach it on the VirZoom bike. Seems to work alright that way.

One question: how do I close out of VZfit to get back to the Oculus Quest home menu? I can close VZfit, but it only goes back to the VZfit start page. I have to restart the Quest to get back to the main menu.

Steve

I'm curious, does your original bike no longer work? You don't need a vzfit for the quest, your original bike will (should) work natively.
(06-01-2020, 08:29 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 01:41 AM)drsteve Wrote: One question: how do I close out of VZfit to get back to the Oculus Quest home menu? I can close VZfit, but it only goes back to the VZfit start page. I have to restart the Quest to get back to the main menu.

Steve

Welcome back Steve!  

You can exit Explorer from its More menu, and Play from its Options menu.  Home button on the Oculus hand controller will also take you back.
The Oculus hand controller seemed to be inactive once I started in Play or Explorer. I'll look into that next time. Thanks!

(06-01-2020, 10:29 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: I'm curious, does your original bike no longer work? You don't need a vzfit for the quest, your original bike will (should) work natively.

The original VirZoom bike will work with the Quest? Is there a guide somewhere on how to set that up? It would be more convenient.
It has been awhile don't think I had to do any special setup. Just turned on the bike and pedaled forward when told. I'm not sure if there might be some special steps if you've already paired a vzfit though. Maybe one of the VZ guys can help.

The other nice thing about it is that if you own the original bike it comes with a lifetime membership, I'm sorry to tell you that you did not need to be paying membership fees this whole time!
(Yesterday, 12:42 AM)drsteve Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 08:29 PM)emalafeew Wrote:

Steve

Welcome back Steve!  

The Oculus hand controller seemed to be inactive once I started in Play or Explorer. I'll look into that next time. Thanks!

(06-01-2020, 10:29 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: I'm curious, does your original bike no longer work? You don't need a vzfit for the quest, your original bike will (should) work natively.

The original VirZoom bike will work with the Quest? Is there a guide somewhere on how to set that up? It would be more convenient.

Shoot an email over to support and they can get you set up with your bike.