Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about yourself
Hi my name is Terry. I have a combination recumbent cycle / rowing machine. There are NO handlebars but side grips on the seat. I am also a (relatively new) Oculus Dev (I have the Go and the Rift-S) using Unreal 4 (Yes, I know VZFit is done with Unity Wink. I am also a cancer survivor (and in doing support I have found that exercise is an area many survivors struggle with). I am wondering about the ability to add a single person scull in different waterways? I have always enjoyed rowing more than cycling and it does give the better workout. (But what to do about a sensor(?)
Before I retired I was a programmer and robotics engineer.
RE: Microphone Is it possible to set up a discord channel so you can talk to people you are exercising with real-time?
We have a pedal-kayaking experience that's ready to port from our earlier PC version, that would provide the visual experience of rowing but feels natural to pedal. If you want to actually row rather than pedal, our Sensor will still work if there's a fully rotating surface you can attach it to, but you might have to compensate with the difficulty setting to get the right speed.

We're also looking into ways it could provide speed from oscillatory motion as well as rotation in a firmware update. That would be less accurate and responsive but could allow many more types of exercise equipment to be used with VZfit games.

Re Discord that's a cool idea, will see if it's possible!
(11-25-2019, 03:43 AM)NPR_Terry Wrote: Hi my name is Terry. I have a combination recumbent cycle / rowing machine. There are NO handlebars but side grips on the seat. I am also a (relatively new) Oculus Dev (I have the Go and the Rift-S) using Unreal 4 (Yes, I know VZFit is done with Unity Wink.  I am also a cancer survivor (and in doing support I have found that exercise is an area many survivors struggle with). I am wondering about the ability to add a single person scull in different waterways?  I have always enjoyed rowing more than cycling and it does give the better workout. (But what to do about a sensor(?)
Before I retired I was a programmer and robotics engineer.
RE: Microphone Is it possible to set up a discord channel so you can talk to people you are exercising with real-time?

Hey Terry,
I added  a voice channel on discord called Workout Chat Smile  https://discordapp.com/invite/vzfit
Wink 
Hi! I'm stain2319.  You may know me from such other forums as the original virzoom forums on Steam (where I go by [Ace] )!   My hobbies include video gaming, cooking, woodworking, and complaining on the Virzoom forums about a lack of updates!   Cool

Original Virzoom bike here, originally on PS4.  Finally made the switch over to Oculus Quest and took my first Explorer ride today. 

It was kind of like riding a bike on LSD but pretty cool overall.  Looking forward to more.
Hi everyone! I'm Autumn! I'm 27 and I have a background in mechanical engineering but I'm currently a UX/UI designer and researcher for automotive, aerospace, and fire protection technologies. Most importantly, I LOVE to bike.

I recently got into VZFit but I have been thinking about it for a while. I'm an avid outdoor biker. I prefer mountain biking but I don't like driving to the trails so I usually end up on my gravel bike most days.

I was watching Netflix and saw a woman biking in VR and it got me thinking about if that technology actually exists. Well, that's how I came across VZfit. In Michigan the weather can be pretty crumby for biking so I put my gravel bike on a trainer and off I go. It's my preferred method for cardio. ? I've only done one ride on VZfit so far but I think this will be a game changer for me. I had my first VR experience years ago, I was a doubter back then, but after trying the Rift I saw some huge potential.

I bought an Oculus Go just for VZfit. So far I'm pretty impressed!
Hi, as the username implies, I'm an Auld Pharrrt. I'm from the Scottish Highlands, a 67 year old retired trucker who is so badly out of condition after 5 years of retirement that this is an attempt to lose weight, get mobile again and probably save my life.

As a kid I loved to cycle and that passion has never left me, although I do admit I haven't ridden an actual bicycle more than a mile or two in something like 15 years.

I was an active geocacher for a few years, and cycling would have been a terrific way to get around some of the off-road geocaching trails, so, with a bit of luck, once I get into reasonable condition again, I just might get back into that hobby again too.

Hope to meet up with some of you on those virtual rides ...

Happy biking y'all.
Hi Folks!

I'm 55. I have Type 2 diabetes, and needed some exercise. So, for Christmas I bought myself an Oculus Quest and an exercise bike, and asked my family to chip in a VirZoom.

Since then, I've been making more and more time on a daily basis to ride 'in world'. Mostly I use Explorer, but occasionally I experiment with the Play modes.  

I have always had a hard time keeping myself interested in exercise. The VirZoom helps by being just immersive enough, despite the heavy visual artifacting, to distract and somewhat intrigue me, so that most mornings I'm willing to ride a pretty solid 40 minutes, on increasing levels of resistance. So far, so good!

I have a few technical questions, but will post them separately.

I'm excited to see where the app and system goes in the future!

Best,
Tom
Hello all. I am turning 51 soon and want to get in shape. I bought an Oculus Quest in Nov. , pulled my recumbent bike out of storage and in Jan. invested in the Vzfit for Explorer. So far, I love it! I have used Play a few times but stick with Explorer most of the time because of the leisurely pace and I really enjoy the scenery. I have used my bike more in the last 3 weeks than I have since I bought it almost 10 years ago.

Happy riding everyone! Smile
Hey All. 64 Y.O. VR developer just waiting for the apps to show up in my Quest.
(02-06-2020, 08:53 PM)Ursine Wrote: Hey All. 64 Y.O. VR developer just waiting for the apps to show up in my Quest.

Hey Ursine,

It looks like you got this up and running based on your play sessions! Just wanna check in and make sure your good!