Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom ride creation on vzfit.com
We love all the shared rides for Explorer people have been making, and have been saying for a while we want to empower you to do more.

We've finally started this work, and are testing an ability to upload KML files you can export from any route made in Google My Maps.  

This will allow rides not just between the shortest path between two points, or that you had to manually ride knowing the way, which are the two current abilities you have in game. You can also custom name your rides, rather than automatically using their reported region.

And it will allow us to repost our Boston Marathon route, which we livestreamed back in April but we had to pull because it's method of showing the route was too brittle and impractical to record.  We could follow up then by posting Paul Revere's Midnight Ride Smile

We'd like to release this ability without much adornment soon, and would then love to hear all the ride customization ideas you have!  For instance adding informative signage and personal narration, or stringing multiple rides together like a mix tape.
Here is a very early sneak peek!

https://www.vzfit.com/explorer/upload_kml/

We'll work this into the menus and provide better instructions with pictures, but anyone can give it a go now.

Eventually we could make this page into a manager of all your rides, and be able to inspect and select other's shared rides, and crowd rate and comment on them.
(12-04-2019, 11:35 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Here is a very early sneak peek!

We'll work this into the menus and provide better instructions, but anyone can give it a go now.

Eventually we could make this page into a manager of all your rides, and be able to inspect and select other's shared rides, and crowd rate and comment on them.

Great start. Was able to create a short test ride and upload and then ride.  Had to play around with the app a little to figure out how to create the route (Had to click the draw a line option and then selected bike route).
Cool! Tomorrow it'll have a video link and tips on creating rides
I fixed a bug today where, after you played the uploaded ride, it stored ride progress toward a renamed copy.
Could you tell me how to post a new thread. I searched the Help documents and it said to use the "new thread button at the top and bottom of the screen. My screen has no such buttons. (Which is why I have to ask this as a reply...sorry)
Ha, it's the Post Thread button seen here

(12-06-2019, 06:41 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Ha, it's the Post Thread button seen here

Thanks but, as I said, I don't have that button on my screen.

I was in the wrong forum. I've found it. Thanks
(12-05-2019, 08:30 PM)spyder17 Wrote:

We'll work this into the menus and provide better instructions, but anyone can give it a go now.

Great start. Was able to create a short test ride and upload and then ride.  Had to play around with the app a little to figure out how to create the route (Had to click the draw a line option and then selected bike route).

Just wanted to make sure that #3 in the instructions is just to see street view coverage.  You can't use this map to create the ride. To do that you need to use the link in #1.
(12-07-2019, 06:39 AM)spyder17 Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 08:30 PM)spyder17 Wrote:

Just wanted to make sure that #3 in the instructions is just to see street view coverage.  You can't use this map to create the ride. To do that you need to use the link in #1.

That's correct, I'll clarify that.