Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZfit Explorer update feedback
Tried riding again in Vilnius Lithuania old town and very pleased. I think city riding is definitely better. Fronts of the buildings are so a high definition, sharp and clear. Depth perception is retained. I’m not sure what you did, but it is working!
Awesome! You are likely seeing Google's own improvements to those rides, they frequently recapture locations with newer cameras and sensors. Our distortion improvements aren't out yet but should make cities better than ever
Hey Superlith. what part of Vilnius did you ride in? trying to find some urban areas with as little distortion as possible. Hoping the VirZoom distortion improvements come out soon.
I was riding in the old town. Sirvydo g, Tilto g, Gedimino

I was riding slowly, wanted to see the front of the buildings. Then you can really see a lot of details especially if you stop at certain point and want to take a good look.
(09-17-2019, 10:53 PM)spyder17 Wrote: Hey Superlith. what part of Vilnius did you ride in?  trying to find some urban areas with as little distortion as possible.  Hoping the VirZoom distortion improvements come out soon.

We're starting on those next week in earnest. Have a 3 point plan to improve distortion and jitter that will need R&D and then integration.
Is there a trick to getting addresses recognized in Germany for World Explorer ?
Hey Gronau,

Can you please clarify the question a little? Is it voice recognition your having trouble with or typed recognition? What address are you having issues with?
Just following up on this, Gronau actually figured out that Germany has pretty poor coverage other than cities due to a lawsuit in 2010 so unfortunately there is not alot of data for the roads there outside of cities that where mapped early on.