Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZfit Play update feedback
I think there's a Quest bug in Jailbreak.  Twice this morning I attempted two 45 minute rides. The first I ended at Level 47 w/about 20 minutes to go.  The second at Level 50 with less than 20 minutes to go.  What happens is the landscape dissolves into a sea of blue; no buildings, no dirt street, just blue. You also quickly overtake the bandits, leaving them behind you. Letting the level fail out does not resolve it.  In both instances, I ended the sessions early since it became unplayable.

An update, now 3-for-3 in seeing the issue.  Seems more time-related, rather than level.  This last time, I had completely rebooted the Quest, thus starting VZFit Play fresh.  Same behavior at Level 48, with less than 20 minutes to go....
River Run.  Yet another instance where launching the game from Events sometimes does not record the points (8,050) for the Event.  It was a 30-minute session and I had to exit before the game ended due to a phone call, but it was a clean exit. I'm VERY careful that I'm only launching these games from Events button.  I thought perhaps it would pick up the missing points if I started a new session, but that was not the case.  It did capture the points for the last session (about a 1,000 as a test), but never picked up the 8K.

I've only experienced this in River Run, and this is the third time since and including the June River Run Contest.  I've played most of the other games, but haven't seen this behavior in the other games.  Granted, due to the June Contest, I've probably spent the most time in River Run overall.

Okay Event scoring is definitely borked.  Another 14K points apparently lost in Thunderbowl. 

Another 5K lost in Thunderbowl.  I have zero confidence now in your score keeping.  You should end the July run as it's well apparent scores are currently inaccurate and under reported.
I’ll check these out, thanks for careful reports. Need to see if data is actually lost or just not associated with event. We have some redundancy here so may be recoverable if lost.
I found and fixed all the cases you reported (1 riverrun, 3 thunderbowl). No data was lost, but they were all reported as non-event plays. I don't yet see the cause yet, but have a lead and feel confident I can fix any such scoring until we find it. I spot checked other top scorers and don't see the same problem, and also confirmed that scores are saved when exiting mid-game.
(07-22-2019, 02:10 PM)emalafeew Wrote: I found and fixed all the cases you reported (1 riverrun, 3 thunderbowl).  No data was lost, but they were all reported as non-event plays.  I don't yet see the cause yet, but have a lead and feel confident I can fix any such scoring until we find it.  I spot checked other top scorers and don't see the same problem, and also confirmed that scores are saved when exiting mid-game.

Thanks for the quick response!  Sorry if I came off as abrupt.  Yesterday, I was just getting frustrated. I was planning on just short game times in the meantime, but it sounds as though I should be safe. 

That Jailbreak issue is weird, I thought it might just be a one-time glitch, but it did repeat after a complete reboot.  Should I try delete/reinstall Play to see about both issues? I'm surprised I'm the only one experiencing/reporting these two issues. If there is anything you want me to try on my end, let me know.
No worries, and thanks for the offer! Jailbreak sounds like a real issue, but fortunately you aren't losing any accumulated points for its event. I wouldn't expect reinstall to help. We just need to reproduce in debug build and don't have an autoplay feature to get us there easily
(07-23-2019, 01:35 AM)emalafeew Wrote: No worries, and thanks for the offer!  Jailbreak sounds like a real issue, but fortunately you aren't losing any accumulated points for its event.  I wouldn't expect reinstall to help.  We just need to reproduce in debug build and don't have an autoplay feature to get us there easily

Tracked down the Jailbreak issue, we had set the max length of the road to something not long enough.  We'd dealt with similar issue before in Le Tour but nobody had ridden Jailbreak as fast or far.  Will be fixed in next build.
Great! Today i'm getting some strange behavior. Early today Spin RPM's in River Run fluctuated wildly, even though my physical spin was pretty steady. Was moving from 35-120, basically making it unplayable. I tried replacing the sensor batteries and a full shutdown/reboot of Quest, but same behavior. I tried again about an hour later and all was fine for a 30 minute session. The same thing happened in Explorer two days ago; the RPM's would drop precipitously, and i'd be spinning in place on the map, I was almost done with the ride, so I just powered thru it.

A few minutes ago, I tried Jailbreak. This time the right trigger response is delayed sometimes, i couldn't find the lasso sweet spot most of the time. I exited VZFit Play and tried again. No bueno. I then tried Thunderbowl. Like Jailbreak, trigger response was either delayed or didn't register at all. I hope it's not a local issue, as the VirZoom bike was just replaced two weeks ago: (

I cannot brain today, I have the dumb; no more July Events points today.
I also ran out of room in Jail Break today. Somewhere between level 45 and 50 the buildings just stopped and everything turned blue and I rode passed the other riders. I did not lose any points though. Just ended the ride and started over.
(07-25-2019, 08:51 PM)Officespaced Wrote: Great! Today i'm getting some strange behavior.  Early today Spin RPM's in River Run fluctuated wildly,  even though my physical spin was pretty steady.  Was moving from 35-120, basically making it unplayable.  I tried replacing the sensor batteries and a full shutdown/reboot of Quest,  but same behavior. I tried again about an hour later and all was fine for a 30 minute session. The same thing happened in Explorer two days ago; the RPM's would drop precipitously,  and i'd be spinning in place on the map,  I was almost done with the ride,  so I just powered thru it.

A few minutes ago, I tried Jailbreak.  This time the right trigger response is delayed sometimes,  i couldn't find the lasso sweet spot most of the time.  I exited VZFit Play and tried again.  No bueno.  I then tried Thunderbowl.  Like Jailbreak,  trigger response was either delayed or didn't register at all.  I hope it's not a local issue,  as the VirZoom bike was just replaced two weeks ago: (

I cannot brain today, I have the dumb; no more July Events points today.

Sounds like bike batteries, or problem with the bluetooth head module.  Could you try a new pair of batteries to see if they help?