Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZfit Play update feedback
(07-25-2019, 06:18 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 01:35 AM)emalafeew Wrote: No worries, and thanks for the offer!  Jailbreak sounds like a real issue, but fortunately you aren't losing any accumulated points for its event.  I wouldn't expect reinstall to help.  We just need to reproduce in debug build and don't have an autoplay feature to get us there easily

Tracked down the Jailbreak issue, we had set the max length of the road to something not long enough.  We'd dealt with similar issue before in Le Tour but nobody had ridden Jailbreak as fast or far.  Will be fixed in next build.
Hey there, not sure if you're monitoring missing Event points or I need to say something?  Seemed to be stable this week, until this evening.  I started a 30-minute Jailbreak ride.  On Level 48, with 3:16 left to play, I experienced that dissolving blue landscape again.  I ended at just about the top of hour, 7PM, PST.

I guess I need to limit to 20 minutes until this is fixed.  Anyhow, I had just over 6K in points that didn't register.  I then played two 20-minute sessions back-to-back, followed by a final 10-minutes before July Events over.  Those points seem to have captured.  

I may have lost points during a Thunder Bowl session, earlier today, but that I'm not as certain as I didn't notate starting value.
(08-01-2019, 03:03 AM)Officespaced Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 06:18 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 01:35 AM)emalafeew Wrote: No worries, and thanks for the offer!  Jailbreak sounds like a real issue, but fortunately you aren't losing any accumulated points for its event.  I wouldn't expect reinstall to help.  We just need to reproduce in debug build and don't have an autoplay feature to get us there easily

Tracked down the Jailbreak issue, we had set the max length of the road to something not long enough.  We'd dealt with similar issue before in Le Tour but nobody had ridden Jailbreak as fast or far.  Will be fixed in next build.
Hey there, not sure if you're monitoring missing Event points or I need to say something?  Seemed to be stable this week, until this evening.  I started a 30-minute Jailbreak ride.  On Level 48, with 3:16 left to play, I experienced that dissolving blue landscape again.  I ended at just about the top of hour, 7PM, PST.

I guess I need to limit to 20 minutes until this is fixed.  Anyhow, I had just over 6K in points that didn't register.  I then played two 20-minute sessions back-to-back, followed by a final 10-minutes before July Events over.  Those points seem to have captured.  

I may have lost points during a Thunder Bowl session, earlier today, but that I'm not as certain as I didn't notate starting value.

I just fixed your Thunderbowl score from 7/29, same issue as before.  This and the Jailbreak bug will be fixed in next build, thanks for waiting!
(08-23-2019, 03:26 AM)emalafeew Wrote: 8/22/19 changes:

- Reduce startup time by 4 seconds
- Fix glitches in River Run due to non-pooled instantiations
- Improved rubberbanding in Racecar levels
- Remove "no speech" icon from Racecar best-lap ghost
- Indicate to users in main menu when other users are ready to play head-to-head
- Fix Jailbreak running out of city sections after about 30 minutes
- Fixed when playing Event and not showing up on Event results (rare)
- Can now inflict damage by stomping on tanks with Mech

This is the 8/22 build correct? I just tried to play Jailbreak (non-Event) for 30 minutes.  With four minutes to go and at Level 51, I ran out of landscape again.   Confused  Let me add that I had rebooted my Quest before I started VZFit as the Quest Library menu was being glitchy. I guess WestWorld isn't the only place having computer issues!  Tongue

(\w/)
       (..  \
      _/  )  \______
     (oo /'\        )`,
      `--' (v  __( / ||
            |||  ||| ||
           //_| //_|

(08-23-2019, 05:31 PM)Officespaced Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 03:26 AM)emalafeew Wrote: 8/22/19 changes:

- Reduce startup time by 4 seconds
- Fix glitches in River Run due to non-pooled instantiations
- Improved rubberbanding in Racecar levels
- Remove "no speech" icon from Racecar best-lap ghost
- Indicate to users in main menu when other users are ready to play head-to-head
- Fix Jailbreak running out of city sections after about 30 minutes
- Fixed when playing Event and not showing up on Event results (rare)
- Can now inflict damage by stomping on tanks with Mech

This is the 8/22 build correct? I just tried to play Jailbreak (non-Event) for 30 minutes.  With four minutes to go and at Level 51, I ran out of landscape again.   Confused  Let me add that I had rebooted my Quest before I started VZFit as the Quest Library menu was being glitchy. I guess WestWorld isn't the only place having computer issues!  Tongue

(\w/)
       (..  \
      _/  )  \______
     (oo /'\        )`,
      `--' (v  __( / ||
            |||  ||| ||
           //_| //_|

I doubled the length of the path so am confused and will figure this out.
I played with Giant Mech today looks like 8/22 update did not fix the glitch. When pressing button A and looking up to the menu circle or down to re-center it shoots.
Also I noticed that in the Thunderbowl I can walk with giant Mech through the arch where only tanks can go through.
Same glitch I noticed also and Pegasus gem hunt game where in the high in top you can run in to the rocks. Run through them.
Also another glitch in WinterStan I noticed at the edge of the playing area is starts flickering a lot.
I don’t know if you fixed with a new release the glitch with the homing missiles and shields in the helicopter game
Otherwise I really enjoy the games. They are becoming better and better, I think AI tanks are becoming smarter :-)
Helicopter game is not working, tried this morning

Logged in through the August event. Winterstan is not working, after 22 waves no more tanks coming. Waited for five minutes. I had to log out
I guess something messed up with the 8/22 update
I tried though stomping on the tanks and it works really well, destroys thanks. Cool feature!
(08-24-2019, 08:02 PM)Superlith Wrote: I played with Giant Mech today  looks like 8/22  update did not fix the glitch. When pressing  button A  and looking up to the menu circle or down to re-center it shoots.
Also I noticed that in the Thunderbowl  I can walk with giant Mech through the arch  where only tanks can go through.
Same glitch I noticed also and Pegasus gem hunt game where in the high in top you can run in to the  rocks. Run through them.
Also another glitch in WinterStan I noticed at the edge of the playing area is starts flickering a lot.
I don’t know if you fixed with a new release the glitch with the homing missiles and shields  in the helicopter game
Otherwise  I really enjoy the games. They are becoming better and better, I think AI tanks are becoming smarter :-)

Thanks, we are logging all of these!  But we're getting pickier about which to fix (like the button A on menu and recenter) so we can turn our focus to new features like Explorer multiplayer and ride authoring and distortion improvements, and actually work on new games for Play. We hope the last build fixed heli glitches.
It is great that you are working on these new features, but it is mportant to make sure that there are no bugs in the old games ?.
By the way I played yesterday WinterStan and I had no issues anymore. It did not stop at wave 22. Except of course “button A and to re-center “
(08-27-2019, 08:39 AM)Superlith Wrote: It is great that you are working on these new features, but it is mportant to make sure that there are no bugs in the old games ?.

I'm glad you asked!  The problem is these bugs are holding us up from any new features, and all programs have bugs that could be worked on forever.  Even NASA programs, and they spend more dollars per line of code than anyone.  Every development studio must balance bug vs feature priority to maximize the benefit to their audience.  The bugs you point out are real (except maybe no tanks at wave 22, though it could something that's harder to find), but we internally grade them: A for critical must fix, B for hurts gameplay and enjoyment for most people, C for annoying or very occasional or limited, D for minor inconsistencies.  Our standard is to immediate fix and release builds for any A bugs, to fix B bugs for next planned builds, to fix C bugs when possible or convenient, and to generally live with D bugs.  For your membership we try to provide features and usability improvements with a minimum of bugs.  Our last few builds focused on usability and bug fixes and it now seems like we can get back to some features.
It is probably more complicated and time consuming than I thought to fix the bugs. We can live with them. It is just annoying when you encounter them.
It is just so little left to make these games perfect
And I’m glad you’re working on new features. We need them.
By the way tried Colorado ride on explorer yesterday and it seems to be a smoother.