Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game breaking bug on some explorer rides
Just to say, still having problems, but developers are working with me (and others) to try to get the bottom of the problem.  I really appreciate their hard work and determination - most other software developers would just say it is your problem, live with it.  Together we can make this work !
Thanks for the shout out. Smile We appreciate your effort to help us track the problem down, and have another idea for the next build.
Yes, certainly appreciating all the help and feedback from everyone.
(11-27-2019, 10:34 PM)surfous Wrote: I've had a better experience with the newer builds so far as getting stuck. There are some new side effects I've noticed, though I'd say the game breaking nature of my initial report has been addressed.

When "Proceeding to the next location" while riding with a trainer, the trainer doesn't make the jump along with me. I have to go to the menu & Options, then turn the trainer off and on again. This resets the trainer's cycle in the type of interval I've chosen, though.

Sometimes my Quest and my router have an argument, and my Quest drops off the WiFi. It'll either resolve in a bit, or I'll have to go to the Quest's settings and toggle WiFi off and on again. It seems that Explorer may jump ahead many times as I'll find myself at or near the end of the ride when I resume the app. I think that I did not pause the ride by opening Explorer's menu before dropping back to the Quest menu when I did this, though.

Great work, though. I'm happy to see Explorer keep getting better at dealing with whatever oddities are in the Google data in the various places we might ride!

These should be fixed in the current build.  The trainer moves with you through missing Streetview images, and we don't jump ahead if having network issues as opposed to actually missing images.
(12-01-2019, 11:23 AM)Puychaud Wrote: Just to say, still having problems, but developers are working with me (and others) to try to get the bottom of the problem.  I really appreciate their hard work and determination - most other software developers would just say it is your problem, live with it.  Together we can make this work !

The latest build has a couple more tricks that may help you, let us know!
This is awesome! I’ve had my trainer jump along with me a couple times already. It’s so nice to just be able to keep going with my workout when there’s a hiccup in the street view data. Thank you!