Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZfit thumb controller
what are the controls for?  I have the app loaded, I can see some choices for road trips. I can move my head and get the dot on one of the trips.  The Oculust controler no longer works. Pressed A and nothing. Pressed B and nothing. Handle bars move and I see the road.  I re-acyivated the thumb controler and no change.  I must not understand how to select a trop or program.

I did as suggested and searched the net.  Found a lot on how to attach but nothing about what the controls do.
Hi Dave!

After you have paired the VZfit Thumb Controller to your Go or Quest, you can use its + and - buttons to change your headset volume at any time, in any app.

In VZfit Explorer and Play, you will use its A and B buttons instead of the VR hand controller to do things besides moving, like selecting menu items and shooting at targets. The A button is used for most things, only a couple games use the B button.

Note your speed is always controlled by your pedaling with the VZfit Speed Sensor, and your steering is always controlled by your leaning (which works a bit differently depending on Go or Quest).

If things aren't working this way for you, we can help you better if you email support@virzoom.com.
Next time I am on the bike I will try it. After a half hour I was ready to give it up. All the other Go games work fine but the VZ stuff is either not installed correctly or the thumb controller is not working.
Test that the volume works with +/- before you even launch into a VZfit game. That'll tell you if the Thumb Controller is paired properly, which is the first thing to check.

Note we made the Thumb Controller because it's not comfortable to hold the Go hand controller while working out on a bike. Though it would be easy for our games to allow either the hand controller or Thumb Controller, so far we've felt that would be more confusing than it's worth!
I will write support. As it is, the road trip starts and I get a message to pedal to connect and that is far as it goes. After awhile it says to check the batteries if it does not connect. The volumn (+ and -) work fine. I took the battery out and put in a new one, same results. The blue light flashes on the pedal sensor.
(12-13-2019, 08:48 PM)Davesvzfit Wrote: I will write support.  As it is, the road trip starts and I get a message to pedal to connect and that is far as it goes. After awhile it says to check the batteries if it does not connect.  The volumn (+ and -) work fine.  I took the battery out and put in a new one, same results. The blue light flashes on the pedal sensor.

I went through the setup again as suggested by support and the thumb controller is definitely paired.  When I run VZfit it now says power on the thumb controller and press A.  I see no way to do that. The app can see the controller because the + and - buttons display when touched.  Pressing A has no effect and it is still waiting to connect.   I looked at the headset settings and it shows the thumb controller.  Wrote back support but not sure if there was something I could try while waiting
If the volume buttons work then A should work to get you past the “connect button” screen. It sounds like you are getting past that if you are then seeing the “pedal to connect” screen. The crank speed sensor should be mounted with flat side facing out, and you will need to pedal at least 90 degrees per second for it to connect (which is when its led is flashing). If it doesn’t connect within a few seconds, our support team can provide a test app to verify if the sensor is having problems. Thanks for working through this!