Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDK Denied Permissions
I'm not sure why, but when trying to run the test scene on an Oculus Quest with only the Oculus OVR plugin installed and OVR player in scene, it gives me a message that says:

Build: 9/3/2019 2:57:40 AM
By continuing use of VZfit you agree to the License
Agreement at virzoom.com/eula.htm
DENIED PERMISSIONS

On the computer when testing without a VR headset, it says the same thing, but with 'DENIED PERMISSIONS' replaced with 'CHECKING PERMISSIONS (or press enter to play without bike)'

I'm not sure what the issue is or how to resolve it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
(09-03-2019, 03:11 AM)Wake_Array Wrote: I'm not sure why, but when trying to run the test scene on an Oculus Quest with only the Oculus OVR plugin installed and OVR player in scene, it gives me a message that says:

Build: 9/3/2019 2:57:40 AM
By continuing use of VZfit you agree to the License
Agreement at virzoom.com/eula.htm
DENIED PERMISSIONS

On the computer when testing without a VR headset, it says the same thing, but with 'DENIED PERMISSIONS' replaced with 'CHECKING PERMISSIONS (or press enter to play without bike)'

I'm not sure what the issue is or how to resolve it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

You would get that error on Android if you didn't accept location & file permissions. Those permissions allow the Android program to dynamically scan and connect to the VZfit crank sensor. By building with Plugins/Android/AndriodManifest.xml your program should have prompted you for them when first run. If you didn't accept them then, you can do so from the Quest's App settings.

Let us know if that helps!
As for running in Unity Editor without a VR headset, you can hit "enter" when so prompted, and use the WASD to emulate leaning, spacebar/tab to emulate pedaling, enter/backspace to emulate A/B buttons, and arrows to look around. You could also use a compatible gamepad for emulation.

If you want to test your VZfit Sensor Kit on PC with your bike, you'll need a BLED112 USB dongle to connect to the crank sensor, a PC VR headset to measure leaning and looking, and would have to pair your action button to your PC.
Thanks for the response, I've had time to check the manifest and these are the permissions:

Code:
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH" />
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN" />
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SET_DEBUG_APP" />

Sadly nothing is being asked for on the headset. The only manual way to approve permissions on the Oculus Quest is to do so through ADB shell commands on a computer. I'm not sure what's causing the permissions to not be asked, but don't have much experience in the area.

I've only got a quest and the VirZoom bike at the moment, so while I could connect the bike to the computer with it's included dongle, I haven't a proper headset to pair with it anymore, so I'll have to rely on properly testing it only on the Quest. (Oh well.)
Well then. It's taken me awhile to resolve this, but I finally have an answer. I was going to write up all the steps I took to get here, but I decided to just to just shorten it to:

TL: DR; If you're developing on the Quest and you notice the DENIED PERMISSIONS message, make sure you're using the ARMv7 version of the libvzplugin and you're targeting ARMv7 platforms. You also should be using mono instead of IL2CPP and I used API Compatibility Level of .NET Standard 2.0 (not sure if that part is all that important).

Hope this ends up helping someone else eventually.
Thanks! You'll definitely need armv7 for the Quest, but shouldn't need mono or .NET Standard. Internally we build applications with IL2CPP and Mono, and both .NET Standard and Subset.
I found those worked when I used the LWRP, but not in the normal Unity 3D mode. Could just be issues on my machine, really.
Happy to have found this thread. I had the same issue. The 'Denied Permissions' issue disappears when using URP. My Magene S3+ is not recognized however. I am getting a message 'Turn on Bike and pedal forward'. Spinning the sensor doesn't do anything. Could it be a special bike or sensor is needed?
(10-01-2019, 05:02 AM)Wake_Array Wrote: Well then. It's taken me awhile to resolve this, but I finally have an answer. I was going to write up all the steps I took to get here, but I decided to just to just shorten it to:

TL: DR; If you're developing on the Quest and you notice the DENIED PERMISSIONS message, make sure you're using the ARMv7 version of the libvzplugin and you're targeting ARMv7 platforms. You also should be using mono instead of IL2CPP and I used API Compatibility Level of .NET Standard 2.0 (not sure if that part is all that important).

Hope this ends up helping someone else eventually.

Hi. I'm having the same issue right now. I've got the project setting Target Architecture set to ARMv7, using mono, .net standard 2.0 as per what you said. I'm not sure how to make sure i'm using the ARMv7 version of the libvzplugin, though. It's been ages since I did anything Unity, so I'm not sure. It asked me for file and location permission on the Quest, but no bluetooth or anything, and I don't see a way to manually grant them. Can you point me in the right direction? Thank you.