Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions
OMG - I've been talking about this for years.  I play "World of Tanks" and I kept suggesting they hook it up to an exercise bike for a couple of years.  With the sensor and virtual reality you guys came up with a better solution.  (Cheaper to deploy).

Now phase II

I really believe this could become the replacement to football.  I would have 5 different tank types like WOT then you could have a great team game with different roles and a coach.  It would still provide physical fitness and the excitement of football plus be able to watch games and compete against any school in the country without the wasted travel time or injuries. 

You need to pick a school in LA and one in NYC and create two high school teams to compete against each other on line.  Get this competition some media coverage and I think you would have schools lining up to get involved with this.  I don't know what number of players per team 5 v 5, 10 v 10, 15 v 15, ? v ?.  This might have to be experimented with.

You are going to have to work on graphics and some of the physics of the game but I think this is a great start.
Ha, we've actually made a prototype of a "Rocket League" type game using tanks! We tried actually passing the ball by shooting, but now think it'll work better to shoot AT the ball to move it around.

I think we need a bunch more users to get enough players for such a game, but more users are signing up at a good pace so might not be long! Until then we offer head-to-head action in six games, and have scheduled head-to-head events every Tuesday-Friday from 8-10 PM Eastern get users online together at the same time.

Btw I love WoT too and worked on the SIMNET/DIS program a long time ago, which hooked actual tank cockpits up to simulated environments for training.
Big Grin 
Hi, this is my first post.  I had been using VirZoom for a while and now VzFit, and I'd like to make a suggestion for a game.  One of my very favorite games to play while on the bike with the Oculus Go is Smash Hit.  Thirty minutes go by and I don't even know it because I'm absorbed in looking, aiming and smashing glass prisms with metal orbs.  I've spent a lot of time and money purchasing other games, looking for a similar one that provides the same type of game-play (the game moves you forward while you control what you smash) but there is nothing comparable. I often find myself automatically pedaling faster to keep up, even though there is no connection with my speed and that of the game.  I would love a game like this specifically made for VzFit.  Thank you.
Welcome Islareina!

Glad to have you aboard and thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried Smash Hit yet but will give it a shot this week! Curious are you peddling and using the go controller at the same time?
(08-25-2019, 01:40 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: Welcome Islareina!  

Glad to have you aboard and thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried Smash Hit yet but will give it a shot this week! Curious are you peddling and using the go controller at the same time?

Hello and yes, I am pedaling and using the Go controller at the same time, it's the only non-VzFit game that's a blast to use on a stationary bike (that I've found so far!).  BUT I made the switch to Oculus Quest today and it doesn't have Smash Hit, so I'm really bummed.  In the meantime, I've written to VzFit for instructions on how to get VZFit and Explorer on the Quest.  I'm looking forward to the VZFit experience on it. Heart   Smile