Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Speech recognition to create rides
You can now create rides with speech recognition in Explorer! This saves a ton of time versus using the virtual keyboard, which you can still use if necessary.

Hit the microphone button above the keyboard, speak the address or location, then hit it again to process your speech and see the result as if you had typed it.  If it's wrong just hit the microphone button again, or edit it with the keyboard.

You still need to hit NEXT and GO on the keyboard after your start address and end address to progress and actually create the ride.  If there's an error looking up directions it's also now easier to fix, without having to reenter the whole ride.  Remember you can skip the start address to begin at your current virtual location, or skip the end address to ride whereever you want and take your own turns at intersections.
How do you edit the address with the keyboard? I tried several addresses and there were errors on the speech recognition. The only way I saw to edit was to backspace. I could not get the cursor to move to anywhere in the address except the very end. This is ok if the errors are at the end of the address, but not if it is at the start. You would have to backspace over the entire address. I tried several times and kept getting the same error. Great new feature. Just need to figure out how to easily fix speech errors.
(07-17-2019, 06:08 AM)spyder17 Wrote: How do you edit the address with the keyboard?  I tried several addresses and there were errors on the speech recognition.  The only way I saw to edit was to backspace.  I could not get the cursor to move to anywhere in the address except the very end. This is ok if the errors are at the end of the address, but not if it is at the start.  You would have to backspace over the entire address.  I tried several times and kept getting the same error.  Great new feature. Just need to figure out how to easily fix speech errors.

Currently backspace is the only option, so if the error is near the front you'll need to type it all.  

The next power feature we have planned is to allow creation and editing of rides from vzfit.com, which might make further in-game editing features less necessary.
Just tried voice recognition and it works very well! I’m surprised with accuracy! Good job!
(07-17-2019, 10:34 PM)Superlith Wrote: Just tried voice recognition and it works very well! I’m surprised with accuracy!  Good job!

Thanks we're using Google's speech-to-text service, it was even better than we expected.