Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VZfit Explorer Feedback
(03-12-2020, 03:38 PM)Snowpelt Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 03:31 PM)momjeans Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 08:33 PM)momjeans Wrote: I'm wondering if there's a glitch or if the site stats eventually catch up?  I finished the Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina ride this morning and it shows as finished on my Quest but here, on the stats page, its still showing 0%.

It showed up as finished today.   Smile

Hooray! Glad that it's working. Usually the delay isn't that long!

Yeah this was an irregular issue, thanks again for pointing it out!  Normally the response is within 1 minute.
Love explorer, really helping me get fit. My sister and I have a competition cycling from Maine to California. Would like to do my own roads and finally figured it out on Google maps but when I try to upload the kml doc using your page it tells me the page is down or has been moved. Ideas?
You can upload rides here https://www.vzfit.com/api/upload_kml/

Your settings page should point to that link as well. Is there a place we need to update with a different link?

Happy riding!
(02-09-2020, 03:47 AM)emalafeew Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 09:55 AM)dansavatar Wrote: I created a ride along Las Vegas Strip (one of the flattest bits of road I know), yet in riding it, I often find my z-axis loosing height, such that I'm descending into the ground, or suddenly riding into a blue screen.

All that said, I totally love Explorer.

Two things that I'd like
Show vKm or  vMiles in game, like in VirZoom (for PC)

For an overall "session" Virtual millage counter (so that I can see how far I've gone including all explorer rides and play rides in "session".

We should be able to find out what's going on with that ride, thanks for the report.

In transitioning to VZfit, we've moved to "spins" as the base measure of exercise.  A spin is one pedal revolution, relatable to how Fitbit uses steps.  You can see your total spins across Play and Explorer at https://www.vzfit.com/stats, as well as many other progress metrics!

The reason we shied away from vKm is that it relied on knowing the resistance of your bike, which was possible with VZ Bike but not VZ Sensor.  Also vKm was confusable with the virtual distance traveled by your avatar, which is additionally influenced by virtual hills, per-game speed multipliers and limits, and the difficulty setting (new to VZfit).

We know that vKm was a more intuitive metric but wanted something that would work fairly across Play and Explorer and also VZ Bike and Sensor.  We're also getting requests to show estimate calories, because that's also something you also usually see.  We're mocking up HUD variations to try all these things.

Thanks - Las Vegas Strip is much better now. Smile
(06-12-2019, 10:52 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Yes.  If you ride the same direction the Google car went, you'll be moving with traffic.  If you ride the opposite way, traffic will seem to backup from you.  Our suggested rides can contain Google cars paths from different days, so the whole path doesn't necessarily match traffic.

When you begin a ride, the system sets the start point and end point based on your choice of "forward" or "reverse".  The mileage left and percentage complete in the HUD are relative to the end point, so when you chose to "Reverse Direction" mid-ride they started going backwards.

Try restarting your ride with "Ride Reverse" to see behavior you expect!

I find that the direction of travel can change during a ride, so that one moment the ride is following the google car direction and then suddenly find that the ride is on the wrong side of the road with traffic backing  away as I progress. The transition from one mode to the other usually occurs on roundabouts or other junctions and there seems to be no way to switch modes ( I am using automatic steering on an occulus go). The problem seems to occur in both created and suggested rides, and is most common when there is traffic about. Is there any way to force a direction switch?
(06-29-2020, 04:39 PM)Almac Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 10:52 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Yes.  If you ride the same direction the Google car went, you'll be moving with traffic.  If you ride the opposite way, traffic will seem to backup from you.  Our suggested rides can contain Google cars paths from different days, so the whole path doesn't necessarily match traffic.

When you begin a ride, the system sets the start point and end point based on your choice of "forward" or "reverse".  The mileage left and percentage complete in the HUD are relative to the end point, so when you chose to "Reverse Direction" mid-ride they started going backwards.

Try restarting your ride with "Ride Reverse" to see behavior you expect!

I find that the direction of travel can change during a ride, so that one moment the ride is following the google car direction and then suddenly find that the ride is on the wrong side of the road with traffic backing  away as I progress. The transition from one mode to the other usually occurs on roundabouts or other junctions and there seems to be no way to switch modes ( I am using automatic steering on an occulus go). The problem seems to occur in both created and suggested rides, and is most common when there is traffic about. Is there any way to force a direction switch?

We use the latest Streetview image at the point of road you are on, which can change if Google decided to update a section based on a different google car.  That will most typically happen at intersections where a different google car may have turned onto your road.

Unfortunately we can't switch the direction to follow traffic without turning you around, so you'd never get to your destination.  You'll get best results along country roads without much traffic, or using City Mode which covers up traffic with virtual road overlays.
Hi Guys, re the Hi Res mode in Explorer. I have just found this. I tend not to stop, so I've not seen it before. If I remain stationary and press 'B' I get my iPhone scrubbing iTunes music! Actually pressing any of the buttons scrubbs iTunes music. That is music I have loaded into iTunes. I went back and closed all the apps on my phone and tried it again, then I only opened the Oculus app and tried that too. iTunes is not open. The result is always the same. I have noticed others on other parts of this forum have not had a problem. My phone is the iPhone X.
You may recall some time ago we had a little discussion of how the route in Explorer is different to the same route when plotted on Google? I've also noticed that the reverse route in Explorer has not been the same as the 'going out' route in Explorer in my ride from Albox in Spain to Lucca in Italy (some 1200miles). This is not a problem, just an observation.
Again I cant thank you enough for developing this app, I sing its praises to all I meet, though with lockdown here that has been limited, but I do tell my friends by email how much I have been enyoying my exercise ;-)
(07-07-2020, 01:40 PM)RonBird Wrote: Hi Guys, re the Hi Res mode in Explorer. I have just found this. I tend not to stop, so I've not seen it before. If I remain stationary and press 'B' I get my iPhone scrubbing iTunes music! Actually pressing any of the buttons scrubbs iTunes music. That is music I have loaded into iTunes. I went back and closed all the apps on my phone and tried it again, then I only opened the Oculus app and tried that too. iTunes is not open. The result is always the same. I have noticed others on other parts of this forum have not had a problem. My phone is the iPhone X.
You may recall some time ago we had a little discussion of how the route in Explorer is different to the same route when plotted on Google? I've also noticed that the reverse route in Explorer has not been the same as the 'going out' route in Explorer in my ride from Albox in Spain to Lucca in Italy (some 1200miles). This is not a problem, just an observation.
Again I cant thank you enough for developing this app, I sing its praises to all I meet, though with lockdown here that has been limited, but I do tell my friends by email how much I have been enyoying my exercise ;-)

Your VZ Button must also be paired to your iPhone in addition to the Oculus.  The B button emits a "next track" message that would have that behavior.  You'll want to unpair it from your iPhone!

I'll give your reverse route a try--we use the same path so that's very strange.  Is it different right away or further along the line?

Enjoy the rides!
(07-07-2020, 08:14 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 01:40 PM)RonBird Wrote: Hi Guys, re the Hi Res mode in Explorer. I have just found this. I tend not to stop, so I've not seen it before. If I remain stationary and press 'B' I get my iPhone scrubbing iTunes music! Actually pressing any of the buttons scrubbs iTunes music. That is music I have loaded into iTunes. I went back and closed all the apps on my phone and tried it again, then I only opened the Oculus app and tried that too. iTunes is not open. The result is always the same. I have noticed others on other parts of this forum have not had a problem. My phone is the iPhone X.

Your VZ Button must also be paired to your iPhone in addition to the Oculus.  The B button emits a "next track" message that would have that behavior.  You'll want to unpair it from your iPhone!

I'll give your reverse route a try--we use the same path so that's very strange.  Is it different right away or further along the line?

Enjoy the rides!

Yes, it is paired to the 'phone, I thought it should be. My mistake.
And with regards to the reverse journey. Again my fault, I did not think the whole process through when I wrote. The reverse trip was going fine until I reached a point in France where the dots just stopped. I re programmed the Explorer to start again using the town at which I had stopped as the new start point. So yes, it is not exactly the orininal route reversed.
Ok all’s good then, except for the dots stopping. If you can say what ride that was, we can try to reproduce and fix from your last percent complete. We have an intern now to help fix them faster.