The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 907 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 907 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating & Importing Custom Maps
Hi, I am trying to create my own custom maps for use in Explorer but unless they have specific directions in them or a A to B start/end point, I can't import the map from Google My Maps.

I have tried saving the map layer as 'Directions from (place A) to (place B)' but this doesn't work and results in a no such child: {http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2}LineString error.

It's fine if I use the built-in directions feature of My Maps to plot a route as it creates an A (start) and B (end) point but if I want to freehand it and plot my own route then it won't import that route into the game.

It would be great if we could import any GPX or KML file into the game somehow. For example, I want to ride from Land's End to John O'Groats in Explorer but the routes created in My Maps use roads you wouldn't normally ride on on a bike, such as dual carriageways, plus it was very buggy and had lots of random plot points all over the place resulting in the game getting stuck between plot points and I would have to use the 'Go Back' feature of the game and hope it would get unstuck or exit the game entirely and load the route again.

I found some alternate routes (GPX files) that someone else had created elsewhere that avoided such roads and used roads that you would actually be able to cycle on but I can't get this into the game as when I import it into Google My Maps, it doesn't show the directions from A to B, just a red start and green end point with the route layed out in blue.

If we could create our own custom routes without the need for directions or import any GPX/KML file then this would be great. The main issue seems to be having to have this A and B point which only happens when you use the My Maps directions feature to auto-create a route. There seems to be no way to create your own route and say Point A goes here at the start of the route and point B goes here at the end.

I hope I made sense with what I mean.

Messages In This Thread
Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-16-2021, 05:51 PM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by Shon_T - 03-17-2021, 07:24 PM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-18-2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-19-2021, 10:09 AM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-20-2021, 07:51 PM