The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 907 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 907 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart rate + Other feedback
Lightbulb 
Hi,

New Vzfit user here and I have to say I'm impressed. I did a 1 hour workout this evening, which I never manage with Peloton. The time seemed to fly by.
Here's some feedback from a VR exercise newbie, but experienced spin bike and road bike rider.

Heart rate 
Heart rate monitoring is so important for an effective workout. I had my heart rate monitor going on my phone, which I could just about see through the nose gap in the Oculus Go. It would be so much better if it was in game, telling me at a glance what heart rate zone I'm in. A graph would be a bonus, but I realise that depends on rendering overhead.

Battery
When pausing either VZ Fit or Explorer it would be nice to be able to see how much battery I have left, without having to find the Oculus controller and go to the Oculus home

Trainer
Explorer never seems to save the option of having the trainer enabled. Slight annoyance.
Aside from that, I think the trainer should always either be roughly near me or in front of me.
I was using interval mode, and most of the time the trainer seemed to be behind me, so I couldn't even see what interval I was supposed to be doing. If I was paying for a personal trainer in real life and they were behind me, I'd think "what am I paying for"!
I guess I was going too fast on the low effort intervals, but a real trainer would never force someone to expend less effort.
Maybe "trainer keeps up with me" could be an option?

Stereoscopic Bike
On the Go, the bike model is monoscopic by default, I guess for performance / battery drain reasons. It looks so much better in stereoscopic mode. (I have a power bank if it drains the battery too much).
In VZ Fit play it definitely looks monoscopic to me and it breaks immersion a bit. I'd like to be able to make it stereoscopic too, like in Explorer

Bike Computer
A really nice touch would be if the bike had a bike computer on its handlebars showing speed, time, cadence etc.
I found in Explorer I was really getting into a rhythm, like how I ride a road bike. That tends to be leaning forward, head down. Looking up at the HUD (even in low mode) hurt my neck. A virtual bike computer would be perfect.

My Account Interface
I have to be honest, coming from the beautiful Peloton UI, the My Account interface looks a bit "Bootstrap developer prototype" (yeah, I'm a software engineer). You guys would benefit from a Bootstrap Admin template; things would look a lot better, and usability would be improved https://wrapbootstrap.com/

M3U Radio Station Links
I love the internet radio feature, but having a few stations is a bit limiting. I'd like to be able to add m3u urls in the my account interface and be able to click to play those in VZ Fit Play or Explorer. Showing the name of the song being played would be a nice touch too.

Once again, great work though.
Looking forward to messing around with the SDK next!

Messages In This Thread
Heart rate + Other feedback - by nickhod - 06-21-2020, 11:05 PM
RE: Heart rate + Other feedback - by nickhod - 06-22-2020, 10:41 AM
RE: Heart rate + Other feedback - by Snowpelt - 06-23-2020, 06:08 PM
RE: Heart rate + Other feedback - by nickhod - 06-23-2020, 11:44 PM
RE: Heart rate + Other feedback - by emalafeew - 06-25-2020, 11:22 AM
RE: Heart rate + Other feedback - by nickhod - 06-25-2020, 12:12 PM
RE: Heart rate + Other feedback - by nickhod - 06-25-2020, 10:23 PM
RE: Heart rate + Other feedback - by emalafeew - 06-26-2020, 01:30 PM
RE: Heart rate + Other feedback - by jqnatividad - 06-27-2020, 02:30 PM
RE: Heart rate + Other feedback - by emalafeew - 06-27-2020, 04:57 PM
RE: Heart rate + Other feedback - by skicavs - 10-30-2020, 09:55 PM