The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 907 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 907 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZFit at the desk with an elliptical
Heart 
Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed using VZFit but find that I use it less on my stationary bike as I would have hoped.  I spend most of my day at a desk, and have always thought it would be great to use VZFit with my under-desk elliptical while on breaks.  I am overweight enough that using a stationary bike causes some pain because of how my knees have to bowl out a bit.

I use a Cubii under-desk unit like this:
[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-05-27-at-3-41-05-PM.png]

Unfortunately, there is not enough clearance to place the sensor on the part that rotates, but I noticed that the shaft the pedals hook up to does have a bolt that rotates.  I super-glued a strong magnet onto my sensor and placed it on the rotating bolt.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-05-27-at-3-43-27-PM.png]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-05-27-at-3-44-57-PM.png]

This worked and I am now able to use VZ Fit at my desk using the elliptical.  I do not know if the RPMs of the bolt match a similar RPM as if I were pedalling, so I am not sure of the ramifications on the changes to my data.  I was also worried that the magnet may cause issues with the sensor but so far things seem to work well.

I have used a strong enough magnet that it also works well on my regular bike now too attaching the sensor right to the arm w/ the magnet.

Messages In This Thread
VZFit at the desk with an elliptical - by mpentecost - 05-27-2020, 10:50 PM