The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 907 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 907 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for Explorer app
Background: I am a fairly new user, but I do a fair amount of non-professional biking in real-life and wanted to give some feedback and thoughts on the app.

• The transition from one scene to the next is strange to me,(though I did get used to it) and it would be great to have an option of alternative transition types. Example: Using a crossfade etc. 
  • Allow users to download routes before playing, in case of slow wifi.
  • Enable hand tracking on the quest;  I do think it would be cool to see your hands on the bike, but if nothing else just enabling the hand tracking will allow us to enter the app without using our controllers considering we have the button provided in the kit.
  • Instead of the hud up top, add a speedometer type device on the handlebars, while keeping the menu button up top. 
  • Adjustable handle-bars
  • Google maps, have info cards pertaining to the area, it would be cool to have the info cards, to popup periodically of your location, and showing you nearby attractions and such.
  • Auto Follow route mode aka no head tilting or leaning. The tilting feature is cool but sometimes I just want to think less.
  • When I stop peddling I don't glide very far, I like incorporating sort rests in my riding, but also don't like stoping. 
  • When navigating downhill it would be nice to either go faster or have the ability to glide, without peddling, my suggestion is to use google elevation data, or if not possible, allow the user to hold down the "b" button to glide down a hill. 
  • Use Google Earth to play Fly mode, to fly around the earth, specifically the 3d mapped areas.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions for Explorer app - by Keith - 03-26-2020, 02:12 PM
RE: Suggestions for Explorer app - by jqnatividad - 03-27-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: Suggestions for Explorer app - by emalafeew - 03-27-2020, 12:29 PM
RE: Suggestions for Explorer app - by dansavatar - 03-30-2020, 10:47 AM
RE: Suggestions for Explorer app - by Snowpelt - 03-30-2020, 05:02 PM
RE: Suggestions for Explorer app - by emalafeew - 03-30-2020, 01:17 PM