Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone upgraded from quest to quest 2?
Curious to hear from those who started on Quest and made the plunge to Quest 2 (as opposed to starting with 2). What are your impressions? Was it worth it?
I started with the Go. If it wasn't for the fact that updates on the Go do not continue to be supported by Oculus, I would have stuck with that platform.

There are some nice aspects of the Quest 2, but the headset is a tad heavier and more uncomfortable, and the controller is bulkier hanging from my handlebars.

If you are already comfortable with the Quest... I can't imagine the upgrade would be all that worth it in regards to just VZFIT. There could be other reasons to upgrade.
Heavier... That might be a deal breaker.

According to Facebook specs the Quest 2 is 68 grams lighter than the Quest. That's the number one thing that bugs me with vzfit is the weight of it on my face... Not sure 68g is enough reduction to matter.
We have both. I like the Quest, but my wife didn't like the way it pressed down on her cheeks. The Quest 2 doesn't contact her cheeks at all. It is lighter, but it is the lack of contact that makes the difference for her. The optics are better, but not enough so to make a significant difference to me. The downside of the Quest 2 not touching your cheeks is there is more "real world" visible below the visor, which I find oddly distracting.

Steve
Interesting. The Quest doesn't bother my cheeks as much as it bothers my forehead. I do actually tilt it a little to keep it off my cheeks but around the top of the head/forehead is where I really feel it.

I almost feel like it's just too tight". If I manually hold the visor a little bit away from my face so it feels "looser" it's much more comfy but then if you try to adjust it like that, of course it won't stay still on your face without holding it.

I tried a couple of aftermarket face pads hoping it would help but none of them seem thick enough. What I would really like is a really extra cushy face pad. I may just have to make my own.
(03-19-2021, 04:21 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: Interesting. The Quest doesn't bother my cheeks as much as it bothers my forehead. I do actually tilt it a little to keep it off my cheeks but around the top of the head/forehead is where I really feel it.

I almost feel like it's just too tight". If I manually hold the visor a little bit away from my face so it feels "looser" it's much more comfy but then if you try to adjust it like that, of course it won't stay still on your face without holding it.

I tried a couple of aftermarket face pads hoping it would help but none of them seem thick enough. What I would really like is a really extra cushy face pad. I may just have to make my own.

I found the OQ2 to be uncomfortable on the forehead as well. Same as you... it just feels too tight. the "sweet spot" for the optics just seems really tight compared to my Rift and Go as well... the right spot seems to be the most uncomfortable on my forehead. 

I recently upgraded to this pad: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08V54...UTF8&psc=1

It was fairly easy to install. I'm not a big fan of how the silicon nose pad connects to the headset... but it does block light leakage. I've only been using it for about a week, so I can't really comment on the durability... but it is much more comfortable on my face than the original pad.