Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winterstan - firing and AI tank issues
Hi there, all - 

I now work out six or seven days a week thanks to winterstan. Otherwise it was three kind of boring runs. THANK YOU!

For the last week or so, I've had two weird issues:
1- Firing button seems to "stick" - the hardware isn't sticking, but I'll hold down the button to get a lock, then when I release the mech doesn't fire. I have to wave my head in circles to get the missile to fire (pretty sure it's just that the reticle hits the three horizontal lines for the menu, which causes a fire in any event). Happens stochastically.
2- In most rounds these days, the tanks just stop coming. mid round. I drive all over looking for them, they're not stuck in mountains. Just seem to be noplace. I have to restart. That's killing me because I want me a high score.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
I have another firing issue. When I shoot just over an obstacle, the charge goes way too high. I'd rather have it hit the obstacle if I ain a tick too low, and give me a chance to shoot a tank that's just past line of site over a hill, where the trajectory of the round might be able to hit it.

James Bradley
VZfit enthusiast since 2015
(02-12-2021, 08:45 PM)meanebatt Wrote: Hi there, all - 

I now work out six or seven days a week thanks to winterstan. Otherwise it was three kind of boring runs. THANK YOU!

1- Firing button seems to "stick" - the hardware isn't sticking, but I'll hold down the button to get a lock, then when I release the mech doesn't fire. I have to wave my head in circles to get the missile to fire (pretty sure it's just that the reticle hits the three horizontal lines for the menu, which causes a fire in any event). Happens stochastically.
2- In most rounds these days, the tanks just stop coming. mid round. I drive all over looking for them, they're not stuck in mountains. Just seem to be noplace. I have to restart. That's killing me because I want me a high score.

There seem to be identifiable traps for the AIs to get stuck in - some are on ledges or on tops or bottoms of mountains.  Since you can't proceed if you don't eliminate all AIs of a level, the only solution is to avoid those sections with those AI traps.  It is a bit frustrating.
(02-19-2021, 08:52 PM)billydwolf Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 08:45 PM)meanebatt Wrote: Hi there, all - 

There seem to be identifiable traps for the AIs to get stuck in - some are on ledges or on tops or bottoms of mountains.  Since you can't proceed if you don't eliminate all AIs of a level, the only solution is to avoid those sections with those AI traps.  It is a bit frustrating.

Yeah, I know that problem well - have pretty well mapped out all the places they get stuck. The red indicator pillar still sits over those tanks, though, so they're pretty easy to find and kill (or to travel so far away from that they respawn on open terrain). The problem I'm reporting here isn't that. They just aren't on the map.