Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Button controller not working
Hi, sure this info is there somewhere but I can't find it. My button controller seems to have stopped working - I have to use Oculus controller to make selections. Is it possible to replace the battery? The button controller seems to be a sealed unit. Thanks in advance  Smile
Same here. Just today - told my Oculus Quest 2 to forget the device, then restarted, tried to repair (put the button in bluetooth mode, it *occasionally* appeared in the available devices list, and when I selected it I saw a "pairing" message that either just stopped or (in the beginning) I got a couple of "couldn't pair" messages), failed at least 15x. Resorted to oculus hand controller. Haven't tried replacing battery, but I only fired the thing up in November...
(01-13-2021, 01:12 AM)meanebatt Wrote: Same here. Just today - told my Oculus Quest 2 to forget the device, then restarted, tried to repair (put the button in bluetooth mode, it *occasionally* appeared in the available devices list, and when I selected it I saw a "pairing" message that either just stopped or (in the beginning) I got a couple of "couldn't pair" messages), failed at least 15x. Resorted to oculus hand controller. Haven't tried replacing battery, but I only fired the thing up in November...

FIX: swapped in a new battery. So, for all: battery in the button seems to last about three months with 3 hours average weekly use. NBD.
How to replace the battery? Mine looks like a sealed unit
Interesting. Mine came without a battery and I had to install one (CR2032). All of a sudden I'm thinking we've got different controllers! Maybe post a photo?
This is mine:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)