Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
satechi controller not pairing - quest 2
the quest 2 arrived but I dont seem to be able to connect the satechi controller to the oculus. despite repeatedly placing the satechi into bluetooth pairing mode ( it does appears in the phones bluetooth scan) it does not appear when scanning for the additional game controller as per instructions. anyone had any luck??
Hi, have you tried to pair it in-headset from settings->experimental->Bluetooth? Sometimes that works if pairing as a controller from the Oculus phone app doesn’t
will give that a go

brilliant, that worked straight away, thank you
I've had a pairing issue with the actual VZfit controller too. I have it successfully paired it according to my phone app, i.e. it was scanned and recognized, but it still doesn't work. The button lights up so I know it's working and I've put a new battery in it as well.

I've just tried your other fix to go into the experimental settings and pair, but whilst it sees the controller right away, if I select pair it just gets stuck on connecting indefinitely.

Any ideas?

Also, on the Touch controller, the B button no longer works to restore back to flat 2D images when I'm at a standstill.
Hey Kevin,
Checking with Jason on the button suggestions. I would recommend taking the battery out and letting it sit for 15 seconds to completely reset then trying to pair in the headset.

I was able to get High Rez by pressing B working when I just tested on the controller, can you give me a few more details of the situation or a video? Having trouble reproducing.
(10-16-2020, 12:50 AM)KevinBrook Wrote: I've had a pairing issue with the actual VZfit controller too. I have it successfully paired it according to my phone app, i.e. it was scanned and recognized, but it still doesn't work. The button lights up so I know it's working and I've put a new battery in it as well.

I've just tried your other fix to go into the experimental settings and pair, but whilst it sees the controller right away, if I select pair it just gets stuck on connecting indefinitely.

Any ideas?

I have this same problem going on.
Same problem here.  Wasn't able to get the Satechi controller recognized through my phone.  It was recognized through the experimental feature on the headset but wouldn't pair.  I opened Explorer and Play using the Oculus controller and coming from an Oculus Go, I was impressed by the graphics.  It would be doable to use the Oculus controller for Explorer since I would just need to enter, select a route, exit and possible re-center.  Using for Play would be more of a problem since for some of the games the "A" button is used constantly.  Hope this problem with the button controller can be solved.  Until then I'll continue to use my Go.
Same prob. Successfully paired through the phone app, buttons have no effect (A doesn't recenter or have any in-ride effects, volume buttons don't control volume, etc.). I'll try the "experimental" pairing method, and I love you folks, but your instruction sheet should have been updated to reflect this before quest 2 ship date. Not a great way to get reacquainted with your user experience.
Hi everyone,

I tested this yesterday on a new Quest 2 with both of our generations of buttons, the one listed as Satechi when you see it in the pairing interface and the one listed as VZ Button in the interface.

I tried the Satechi first and had the same problem as the rest of you. From the phone app it showed the "Something is wrong" message, which started happening with an Oculus app update a few months back. On the Quest 1 if you saw that message you could put the headset on and it would ask you to confirm if you wanted to pair the button and then worked fine. On the Quest 2 I didn't see that confirmation message for some reason. So I went straight to the Experimental Features option to pair directly within the headset. This is where I also saw it hang on "Pairing..." after confirming that I wanted to. So I clicked on the device and chose "forget" or the Delete icon, I forget which one, to remove it from the list entirely.

At this point I was certainly upset. So I tried our other button and that one paired just fine on the first attempt. There shouldn't really be anything different about these two buttons, in terms of how they communicate, but they are not from the same manufacturer so there could be a subtle difference. I deleted the newer button from the list to do some more testing.

During this entire testing cycle I was having trouble connecting to a bike sensor. It seemed like our app was connecting to something else, so I took my sensor into the basement of my house to get away from any potential Bluetooth interference and succeeding in connecting to the bike sensor. So on a whim I took the Satechi button controller into the basement as well and for whatever reason I was able to pair and fully connect to it this time from the Experimental Features interface. I can't guarantee that the basement isolation was the solution, but it did work for me.

If other people are willing to try something similar, I'd be very interested to hear the results so that we can isolate the issue. I'm sorry I don't have a more specific solution at this time. Please share here and also email support@virzoom.com if you have any specific questions for me. I don't watch the forums as closely as Eric and Rob do.

Thanks,
Jason
Jason, et al;

I too am having this issue with the VZFit button. I paired it successfully yesterday, and then today it wasn't connecting. Like you did Jason, I removed the battery for more than 15 seconds (almost a minute) and re-paired the button successfully only to have it drop again. This was all done in the experimental settings through the Quest 2. Unfortunately, I don't have a basement to isolate the issue.

I attached a video (sorry for the shakiness as I was also riding at the same time) for you to see the different steps I was taking. There is no audio from me other than the music playing through the Explorer app.