Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VZfit Explorer Feedback
Thanks Ron for the feedback and support!

Our intern is back on the job and looking into your ride reports.

Regarding tight turns, keeping you closer to the path would also mean rotating you faster, and we don't want to make people sick at those moments. Happy to review any specific lat/lons you have!

When there's a big jump you're correct that we don't count the coins in that jump. We only count the ones you were able to pedal through.
(11-30-2020, 10:27 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Thanks Ron for the feedback and support!

Our intern is back on the job and looking into your ride reports.

Regarding tight turns, keeping you closer to the path would also mean rotating you faster, and we don't want to make people sick at those moments.  Happy to review any specific lat/lons you have!

When there's a big jump you're correct that we don't count the coins in that jump. We only count the ones you were able to pedal through.

Sorry I didnt explain myself correctly, after a big jump, and that might be a distance of a couple of ks, I see no coins for the rest of that ride. Its not about the coins missed in the jump, but after a big jump I no longer see coins to collect on the remainder of the ride ride. If I log out of the ride and log back in again I once again get to see coins.
Hope this is clear now ;-)
Best r
Hi,

I had a subscription last year which I paused over the summer (outdoor riding) and have restarted and just have a couple questions.  None are critical, just curiousities or wondering what I'm doing wrong Wink

- in Explorer I don't seem to be able to steer anymore?  lol I never had a problem before, but now I can't keep the bike on the road for anything, with either lean (which I prefer) or tilt method.   I turned it on to auto-steering and that resolved it, so non-issue, but I did enjoy the steering aspect.  Any thoughts?  It was on a fairly windy rode (Ireland "Old Military Road") so maybe that had something to do with it? Note - in Play I'm not having this issue at all. 

- In Explorer, same ride, every once in a while it seems to drop me off a cliff?   The road just disappears and it's as though you were suddenly going down a very steep hill, then the graphics fail, it drops to black, and then resets and everything is fine.  It's happening about once every 5-10kms.   Again, not critical, just unusual.   

- in Play, in the oval race, every time I get to the lap marker, my car suddenly starts going backwards??? and the cars behind me pass me.   Is that supposed to happen?   Super frustrating.   Also, if I hit the spinning ? (which I thought was supposed to power up your speed boost) it also makes my car go backwards v quickly for a short time.   I got frustrated enough with that that I switched games.

- in Play, in Pegasus -- I swear you used to be able to actually ride the pegasus?  Am I just imagining it?   The above and behind view isn't nearly as much fun...   Is there a mode setting or something that I'm missing?  (I feel like that might be comfort mode).  

- Completely random question -- what are the coins about?   I've noticed they've appeared, what are they for?

Lastly just a suggestion -- if it would be possible to make use of Quest's gesture technology so we don't have to keep using the controllers, would be hugely appreciated.  Especially in Explorer where there's zero need for it (I know in some of the games it's required for gameplay, but Explorer only needs it to navigate the menus).

Overall, super happy to have my subscription back Smile

Thanks Smile
Welcome back! I can address a few of these.

- We haven't changed the steering at all and it should be behaving the same in Play and Explorer. There are obviously a lot more sharp turns in the Explorer routes, I would recommend trying a longer straighter ride and see if you can dial in your steering, may be just out of practice?
-Are you getting a message when it's fading to black that you are skipping ahead? This could either be an issue with the route, or the data connection on the headset. Are you seeing this on other rides as well or just this one?
- Looking into the Oval Race issue , first report of this bug will follow
- We haven't changed the perspective in Pegasus.
- Coins in Explorer are used for avatar customization. If you go into the shop you can buy new clothes Smile
-Are you getting a message when it's fading to black that you are skipping ahead?  This could either be an issue with the route, or the data connection on the headset. Are you seeing this on other rides as well or just this one?

It's not so much fading to black as - first it looks like you're at the top of a v steep hill (or going over a cliff) even though it's a flat(ish) route, then the various rectangles of images all collide from different angles -- which ends in black.  Then it resets perfectly.   No message or evident skipping ahead (of course I don't know the route, so maybe I am?   but no message about it).    That being said, could definitely just be the one route -- I'm almost complete, so will try another one in a couple days.

- Coins in Explorer are used for avatar customization. If you go into the shop you can buy new clothes Smile

lol amazing Smile. Thanks!
Blue screen in Explorer for the last 6 hours, all other wifi / cable connections working here. Any others with problems?

EDIT

Interesting problem, it seems to be an error with my ride. I had completed 27% of it yesterday and on launch this morning i would get the blue screen. I looked at the VzFit other programs and they were all OK. and on return to Explorer and my ride i was back to the blue screen.
I have just looked at another ride and everything is OK. So I went back to my ride at the 27% mark and the blue screen again. I then selected the start of my ride and I was allowed to begin the ride again, so that's what I'm going to do. Shall let you know how I get on.

Oops, sorry guys, forgot to update you. Everything worked out fine. r
Hi guys,

If I have uploaded a ride to share but I now wish to alter that ride's path (Freewheelin_Serction 10 and 11) Should I delete the shared ride what happens to people who may be already riding it?
The reason is that Section 10 I'm splitting into parts a and b. Part b will have a slightly different ending to previously, and Section 11 will start from the new ending of 10b
Are you able know if anyone is riding these?
As an aside my membership status is now as an investor, when does this change get reflected in my account profile?
best r
Hi guys,
I have been peddling the ‘Freewheeling through Ireland’ rides and have noticed that as per normal if I complete a ride I am credited with the fact that I have done this.

Some of the rides I have decided to alter and I remove them from the shared ride library. Re-map the journey and then re-load the ride.

Because I have already decided on the naming convention for these rides I have been giving the ‘new’ rides the same name as the previous ride. The file system sees this new ride (which maybe quite a little different to the old ride) as the same ride as a previous one of the same name. The system still assumes that it has already been ridden.

For my purposes this does not matter however I can foresee instances where this may well cause vzfit a problem. I just thought I should bring this to your attention.

Best r