Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our next update
(09-22-2020, 05:52 PM)GoMyFly247 Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 03:26 PM)emalafeew Wrote: I was also waiting until we made this announcement (https://www.virzoom.com/2020/09/16/story...re-headed/) to talk about the other half of our next update.

Besides web-based ride management, we'll be releasing the first step of our Oculus Store plan in the next Explorer build.  From the moment you download and install the game you'll be able to play it without a bike, using just your head and hands!  We're calling it "standup mode" and have more plans to build around it, for instance with a standup-specific trainer.  We hope this is a great way for fitness device owners to get a different kind of workout in Explorer, and for non-device owners to enjoy Explorer before they consider getting a device.

>> This sounds like a cool idea, so basically would your Oculus Quest hand controllers be sort of a pedometer to track movement and steps?   Would this enable a sort of walking mode, so that users with headsets could go on a virtual walk instead of a ride, or would the hand movement just simulate riding the bike as if the user is pedaling with their hands?  Sounds like a pretty neat idea.    If you're able to enable some sort of walking mode demo for new users before they invest in sensors, you may have a good edge to promote your app as a pretty flexible fitness app.  I could see this working with swimming simulations in standing mode if it was just arm movement as well.

Other things we'll be adding for the Oculus Store include a better in-game ride management system (consider the web release a preview of it), better UI to discover all the features in Explorer, more multiplayer riders, an achievement system, support for more fitness equipment, and more!  We'll be releasing these incrementally like always so you won't have to wait for them to appear on the Store, but once we're on the Store it will be 10 times easier to find and install and play VZfit.  We'll also continue making monthly improvements after we're on the Store.  

VZfit Play will remain a separate app, on the Store backend but not frontend like now, but our plan is to merge its virtual levels into the one VZfit app for the Quest, and also make standup control work for them (such as a standup paddleboard instead of sit-down kayak).

>> As usual, it's impressive how dedicated your team is on bringing new updates to the platform.  Even though I haven't had alot of time to ride on my bike these days, I've kept my subscription going just to support your group, however when I do have time to ride, it's a neat experience to see all the improvements since last ride.  Keep up the great work!

Thanks, we really appreciate your support and keep looking for the best ways to keep people exercising with VZfit. 

The standup mode is coming along well, and you can already sway your arms while walking or pretend like you're swimming to move with it.  Should be out in a week for everyone to try!
Hi,

I have a few tips for improve some things in VZ Explorer.

Please mute or slower of intensity of yellow coin catch. I hate this and must be tortured by this sound every one km in VZ Explorer. I use this software for relaxation, not for be angry from this really unnecessary gaming thing. Could you just turn of this sound and make for example yellow blinking the credit score number for 5 secs? Suggested switching off the appearing white balls direction signs on the road is not the right decision for avoid this awful sound (I like the hear chainsaw bike riding sound in my music stream with blue-tooth additional headphones, which is cover the Oculus Quest headphones), so the coin sound is very noisy in my volume setting) , because I'm using this to avoid motion sickness.

Next thing could be also great. What about improve the photoshooting setting (for example in National Geographic VR game in Quest could be the great inspiration; look on this video on 9:28 time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh0h42GPqb4&t=934s)? I would be nice to have option use for example triple click on B-button to have fixed showing Google Street 360 image without need have still finger on the B-button and take clean photos of landscape without avatar showing or VZ awful watermark frame? I would be great to have option use some universal templates to built nice travel postcard and could send it to someone to email or share it on social networks (for example the Czech Post office have this Post ecard option: https://translate.google.cz/translate?hl...line.cz%2F).

For planning update with ability use VZ Explorer without the bike device it would be fine to be inspired by Holofit VR Quest app - they have amazing running simulation without any disturbing graphic effects (In your screen shot I do not like the lighting circle around running avatar body; look on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPfnvd3rYW0). I personally wanna have first person running view, if I will be running in some amazing landscape scenery. I have ordinary stepper Domyos (https://www.decathlon.cz/stepper-ms500-c...30134.html) and this working in Holofit app great as tool for better running simulation in my room - it scanning greate the movements of Oculus controllers handle in my hands.

You can also built the compatibility for FTMS fitness devices or simulation rowing movements. A lot of world customers (or fitness centers) is waiting for it and they could also buy your product. I have for example rowing machine Domyos 500 and it is working ok in Holofit VR, but it would be nice to use it in Google Street landscapes in VZ Exploer. You can built some avatar kvazi machine like is in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouD0D0w8T3E

The small map (like have it the Wonder Oculus app, would be really great to have ability to jump some not so nice part of bike journey (for example long tunnels in mountains, which are so terrible to watch...) or just jump some road glitches, which are pretty much common in Auto-Steer option.

Thank you

Best Wishes
Daniel
Thank you for the ideas Daniel!

Quote:Please mute or slower of intensity of yellow coin catch. I hate this and must be tortured by this sound every one km in VZ Explorer. I use this software for relaxation, not for be angry from this really unnecessary gaming thing. Could you just turn of this sound and make for example yellow blinking the credit score number for 5 secs? Suggested switching off the appearing white balls direction signs on the road is not the right decision for avoid this awful sound (I like the hear chainsaw bike riding sound in my music stream with blue-tooth additional headphones, which is cover the Oculus Quest headphones), so the coin sound is very noisy in my volume setting) , because I'm using this to avoid motion sickness.

In addition to muting it when dots are hidden, we're also halving its loudness. Hopefully that will be much less intrusive.

Quote:Next thing could be also great. What about improve the photoshooting setting (for example in National Geographic VR game in Quest could be the great inspiration; look on this video on 9:28 time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh0h42GPqb4&t=934s)? I would be nice to have option use for example triple click on B-button to have fixed showing Google Street 360 image without need have still finger on the B-button and take clean photos of landscape without avatar showing or VZ awful watermark frame? I would be great to have option use some universal templates to built nice travel postcard and could send it to someone to email or share it on social networks (for example the Czech Post office have this Post ecard option: https://translate.google.cz/translate?hl...line.cz%2F).

We can try to add more frame styles you may like including postcards. You can choose camera angles now that do not feature the avatar, and we position them to minimize distortion.

Quote:For planning update with ability use VZ Explorer without the bike device it would be fine to be inspired by Holofit VR Quest app - they have amazing running simulation without any disturbing graphic effects (In your screen shot I do not like the lighting circle around running avatar body; look on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPfnvd3rYW0). I personally wanna have first person running view, if I will be running in some amazing landscape scenery. I have ordinary stepper Domyos (https://www.decathlon.cz/stepper-ms500-c...30134.html) and this working in Holofit app great as tool for better running simulation in my room - it scanning greate the movements of Oculus controllers handle in my hands.

We're finding that our standalone mode works well with ellipticals and also rowers in the same way as Holofit. Our final avatar and vehicle are quite different from that concept video, and it doesn't have those lighting circles. It works in 1st and 3rd person views. Hope you like it, it'll be in our release hopefully tomorrow!

Quote:You can also built the compatibility for FTMS fitness devices or simulation rowing movements. A lot of world customers (or fitness centers) is waiting for it and they could also buy your product. I have for example rowing machine Domyos 500 and it is working ok in Holofit VR, but it would be nice to use it in Google Street landscapes in VZ Exploer. You can built some avatar kvazi machine like is in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouD0D0w8T3E

Yes FTMS can support other devices, but it basically has a different API for each so I need to have each type of device to make sure it works. The standup mode with its head and hands motion tracking can work on those devices without FTMS, but it would be nice to add resistance control support to them like I'm now doing for FTMS bikes.

Quote:The small map (like have it the Wonder Oculus app, would be really great to have ability to jump some not so nice part of bike journey (for example long tunnels in mountains, which are so terrible to watch...) or just jump some road glitches, which are pretty much common in Auto-Steer option.

We have a 2D map in our roadmap soon, and will be using it to find rides and show where you are. If you've ridden a ride we may allow you to skip forward, but completing rides for the first time without skipping is an important accomplishment for people.
(09-27-2020, 02:04 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Thanks Eric for sent information's. I will be excited for tomorrow next update to try new demo freestyle option.

RE: "Yes FTMS can support other devices, but it basically has a different API for each so I need to have each type of device to make sure it works.  The standup mode with its head and hands motion tracking can work on those devices without FTMS, but it would be nice to add resistance control support to them like I'm now doing for FTMS bikes."

So, it is possible, that in close future you will be able to add in FTMS compatible device for example my Decathlon Domyos 500 towing machine, if the producer give you the API? That will be absolutely great! Thanks Wink In some possible it could be realised FTMS resistance control between VZ Explorer and this bluetooth device Domyos Bike 900 ? It could be some alternative to buy bike trainer
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/self-power...R-p-306636?

Thanks
Best wishes
Daniel

Thank you for the ideas Daniel!

Quote:Please mute or slower of intensity of yellow coin catch. I hate this and must be tortured by this sound every one km in VZ Explorer. I use this software for relaxation, not for be angry from this really unnecessary gaming thing. Could you just turn of this sound and make for example yellow blinking the credit score number for 5 secs? Suggested switching off the appearing white balls direction signs on the road is not the right decision for avoid this awful sound (I like the hear chainsaw bike riding sound in my music stream with blue-tooth additional headphones, which is cover the Oculus Quest headphones), so the coin sound is very noisy in my volume setting) , because I'm using this to avoid motion sickness.

In addition to muting it when dots are hidden, we're also halving its loudness.  Hopefully that will be much less intrusive.

Quote:Next thing could be also great. What about improve the photoshooting setting (for example in National Geographic VR game in Quest could be the great inspiration; look on this video on 9:28 time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh0h42GPqb4&t=934s)? I would be nice to have option use for example triple click on B-button to have fixed showing Google Street 360 image without need have still finger on the B-button and take clean photos of landscape without avatar showing or VZ awful watermark frame? I would be great to have option use some universal templates to built nice travel postcard and could send it to someone to email or share it on social networks (for example the Czech Post office have this Post ecard option: https://translate.google.cz/translate?hl...line.cz%2F).

We can try to add more frame styles you may like including postcards.  You can choose camera angles now that do not feature the avatar, and we position them to minimize distortion.

Quote:For planning update with ability use VZ Explorer without the bike device it would be fine to be inspired by Holofit VR Quest app - they have amazing running simulation without any disturbing graphic effects (In your screen shot I do not like the lighting circle around running avatar body; look on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPfnvd3rYW0). I personally wanna have first person running view, if I will be running in some amazing landscape scenery. I have ordinary stepper Domyos (https://www.decathlon.cz/stepper-ms500-c...30134.html) and this working in Holofit app great as tool for better running simulation in my room - it scanning greate the movements of Oculus controllers handle in my hands.

We're finding that our standalone mode works well with ellipticals and also rowers in the same way as Holofit.  Our final avatar and vehicle are quite different from that concept video, and it doesn't have those lighting circles.  It works in 1st and 3rd person views.  Hope you like it, it'll be in our release hopefully tomorrow!

Quote:You can also built the compatibility for FTMS fitness devices or simulation rowing movements. A lot of world customers (or fitness centers) is waiting for it and they could also buy your product. I have for example rowing machine Domyos 500 and it is working ok in Holofit VR, but it would be nice to use it in Google Street landscapes in VZ Exploer. You can built some avatar kvazi machine like is in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouD0D0w8T3E

Yes FTMS can support other devices, but it basically has a different API for each so I need to have each type of device to make sure it works.  The standup mode with its head and hands motion tracking can work on those devices without FTMS, but it would be nice to add resistance control support to them like I'm now doing for FTMS bikes.

Quote:The small map (like have it the Wonder Oculus app, would be really great to have ability to jump some not so nice part of bike journey (for example long tunnels in mountains, which are so terrible to watch...) or just jump some road glitches, which are pretty much common in Auto-Steer option.

We have a 2D map in our roadmap soon, and will be using it to find rides and show where you are.  If you've ridden a ride we may allow you to skip forward, but completing rides for the first time without skipping is an important accomplishment for people.
Is there any plan for non-bike avatars in Explorer? I was just thinking this morning it would be fun to ride a horse around town Smile
(09-27-2020, 05:38 PM)Churechawa Wrote:
(09-27-2020, 02:04 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Thanks Eric for sent information's. I will be excited for tomorrow next update to try new demo freestyle option.

RE: "Yes FTMS can support other devices, but it basically has a different API for each so I need to have each type of device to make sure it works.  The standup mode with its head and hands motion tracking can work on those devices without FTMS, but it would be nice to add resistance control support to them like I'm now doing for FTMS bikes."

So, it is possible, that in close future you will be able to add in FTMS compatible device for example my Decathlon Domyos 500 towing machine, if the producer give you the API? That will be absolutely great! Thanks Wink In some possible it could be realised FTMS resistance control between VZ Explorer and this bluetooth device Domyos Bike 900 ? It could be some alternative to buy bike trainer
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/self-power...R-p-306636?
I know the FTMS API for rowers, but would literally need an FTMS rowing machine to test it on, otherwise I'd be coding blind and not be able to tune or debug issues.  I'm also not sure if the trainer link you sent supports FTMS resistance control but you could ask them.
The new Explorer build is finally out, with our standup mode available to demo, FTMS resistance control, and more

https://www.virzoom.com/2020/09/13/september-2020
The "manage rides" page is now out at vzfit.com/explorer/manage_rides.

We are now in the middle of our current sprint, which is targeted for release next Friday. The main thing it will have is a custom trainer for Standup mode, that features a bunch of moves you can follow on your Exerboard. Unlike the bike trainer, it doesn't move faster or slower when you're supposed to push or take it easy. Instead it will have a fixed distance that you can see easily at all times, and it's moves will light up its "power meter" which you should match with your own effort.

We're also rewriting our menus and HUD in order to make some big improvements next sprint. Some changes you'll notice this sprint will be pointing-and-clicking with hand controllers rather than your head in Standup mode, and switching from rpms/spins in our HUD and stats to power/distance which suit a wider range of fitness devices (vs just cadence) as well as Standup mode.
Hi guys, is it possible to switch back to spins as an alternate option? Or... as you flip between percent and distance on the left could you also flip between stars (aka km) total and stars for this ride? That way I can keep a log because I know that roughly 130 spins is 1 km and my doctor's goal for me per ride is 2000 spins or roughtly 15km. Thanks Ron
Hi Ron,
We're going to have HUD customizations in the next sprint, that will let cadence sensor users see spins again.

But there's also a simple formula to convert spins to kcals for cadence users, which is 1 spin = 0.138 kcal. So 130 spins = 18 kcals, and 2000 spins = 275 kcal.

Note we needed to make this change for all the new devices that don't output spins, like speed sensors, power trainers, and standup mode.