Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our next update
(05-10-2020, 07:20 PM)Churechawa Wrote: Hi,
thanks, that´s a great news.

I would be also useful to use user created tag´s to routes, which could help filter the specific routes by custom expectations like hashtags in Instagram (for example: "mountains", "seaside", "scenic" "lake" "desert"). This tag´s could be inserted in improved platform for uploading KML maps files, where could also be fields for adding start position, end position and state position. In present time it really full of error warnings, when user is trying put this important information in one field in some logic order for better orientation. There is also lack of ability to edit my own created routes information's in later time (for example: I have made mistake in name of route and I can not change it now). It could be great solve this section, thanks Smile

Next great help in creating own user routes could be developing some control mechanism for quick checking of ok full working status of his created routes just after their uploading to VZ Fit. When this device will find some problematic area (I still have many bad experiences with unexpected ending in during route rides) - this death ends could be automatically replaced by "jumping to other section" features. If user will know, that some of his created route have too many this kind errors, he could just delete this bad created route and try make some new. This could just save of user precious time, because it is bad find this fatal errors go through this route on the bike.  That could be big help, because I have be forced to quit in my tree created trips in today and this is really upsets me a lot.)

Thanks
Best Wishes
Daniel

These are all terrific ideas.  We've been planning to support deeper route editing and management, tagging, and searching probably in the sprint after this one.  

Finding problem areas is tricky because it entails riding through the whole route.  That could bog down our servers so we've left it up to the author to ride through it once themselves before they can share.  Maybe we could offer an in-game or local web test capability.

Incidentally we added a route review forum today, for people to talk about shared rides, at https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8
(05-19-2020, 03:44 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 07:20 PM)Churechawa Wrote: Hi,
thanks, that´s a great news.

I would be also useful to use user created tag´s to routes, which could help filter the specific routes by custom expectations like hashtags in Instagram (for example: "mountains", "seaside", "scenic" "lake" "desert"). This tag´s could be inserted in improved platform for uploading KML maps files, where could also be fields for adding start position, end position and state position. In present time it really full of error warnings, when user is trying put this important information in one field in some logic order for better orientation. There is also lack of ability to edit my own created routes information's in later time (for example: I have made mistake in name of route and I can not change it now). It could be great solve this section, thanks Smile

Next great help in creating own user routes could be developing some control mechanism for quick checking of ok full working status of his created routes just after their uploading to VZ Fit. When this device will find some problematic area (I still have many bad experiences with unexpected ending in during route rides) - this death ends could be automatically replaced by "jumping to other section" features. If user will know, that some of his created route have too many this kind errors, he could just delete this bad created route and try make some new. This could just save of user precious time, because it is bad find this fatal errors go through this route on the bike.  That could be big help, because I have be forced to quit in my tree created trips in today and this is really upsets me a lot.)

Thanks
Best Wishes
Daniel

These are all terrific ideas.  We've been planning to support deeper route editing and management, tagging, and searching probably in the sprint after this one.  

Finding problem areas is tricky because it entails riding through the whole route.  That could bog down our servers so we've left it up to the author to ride through it once themselves before they can share.  Maybe we could offer an in-game or local web test capability.

Incidentally we added a route review forum today, for people to talk about shared rides, at https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8

Thank you Erick, I understand.

Best Wishes
Daniel
It took about a week for our last release to settle down, but we're now into a new sprint with the following goals:

System Wide
- Support for FTMS trainers, possibly with resistance control
- Support hands-free launching on Quest for users with thumb controls

Explorer
- Snapshot Mode! Select camera angle and pose and overlay, then upload to vzfit.com for easy sharing to social media
- Matchup improvements, including mic mute, enabled-by-default with mic off, possibly more than 2 riders, and stability fixes
- Show high-res images like Wander when you come to a stop
- Arrows at sharp turns
- Other minor requests and path fixes

Play
- Day/evening option for Le Tour and Cali Rally
- Free games will match weekly Event, that free users can participate in

VZfit.com
- On Event leaderboards start with page you're on
- Snapshot management and sharing page

As always, these are goals and not promises. We're aiming for 3 weeks to release.
(05-22-2020, 04:09 PM)emalafeew Wrote: It took about a week for our last release to settle down, but we're now into a new sprint with the following goals:

System Wide

Explorer
- Snapshot Mode! Select camera angle and pose and overlay, then upload to vzfit.com for easy sharing to social media
- Matchup improvements, including mic mute, enabled-by-default with mic off, possibly more than 2 riders, and stability fixes
- Arrows at sharp turns

Play

VZfit.com

As always, these are goals and not promises.  We're aiming for 3 weeks to release.

Hi, that sounds good! ;Wink Thanks

I have one question at to this "System Wide - Support for FTMS trainers, possibly with resistance control": Is there some chance, that it could allowed to use my rowing machine Decathlon Domyos 500, which has FTMS compatibility (for example in Play POND? That would be great!, Please, please... ;Wink Thanks

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/500-rowing-m...87893.html

Best Wishes
Daniel
(05-22-2020, 04:09 PM)emalafeew Wrote: It took about a week for our last release to settle down, but we're now into a new sprint with the following goals:

System Wide

Explorer
- Arrows at sharp turns

Play

VZfit.com

As always, these are goals and not promises.  We're aiming for 3 weeks to release.

I just logged in specifically to say, I'm really impressed with the latest update to VzFit explorer.  It runs so much better now and I love that you added the FM channels for music as promised and also added the autosteer option.  Finally, I can show how cool the VzFit experience is to my friends without having to guide them on how to steer and turn their head / lean or otherwise.

Alot of times during a workout you just want to focus on the pedaling and riding to just get your 30min to 1hour in of riding and then move on to the rest of the day.  It's amazing how far your app has come in a few months, and I'll definitely be telling others about it.  I have both the Quest and the Go headset and while the Go headset is a bit lighter, the Quest seems to respond better now with the latest updates.

When the user created rides are listed, I can see how many times I've tried each one, but I was curious as to how to find out which user created rides had the actual most rides from the VzFit community to make it easier to sort the best ones to try out, perhaps by adding an option for upvoting certain rides (perhaps this function exists but I couldn't find it).

Also, not sure if this is easily done or not, but since you know how many km each route is, I thought it would be cool if you had the option to add an overlay on or virtual sign post that shows certain distance landmarks (ie.  1 mile mark, or 1 km mark (for metric)) so it provides additional motivation to keep going.    Having run a few 10km runs, I always find it motivational to see sign posts either ahead of me, or on the ground that tell me how far I've gone.

Also, I thought it would be funny if when you do take a break to stop riding, either to grab a drink of water, and stop pedaling, that there could be an optional user animation feature could show your avatar doing the same during these pauses (so that the animated character looks like he/she is stopping for a water break).     Nintendo / other gaming platforms have mastered the idea of avatar mimicking that have led to their popularity over the years (think Wii fit etc).

Perhaps from a workout perspective the VZfit explorer could also incorporate sprint timers like they have in the VZFit play so that during a ride, you could use your trainer mode and have timed sprints with overlay goals.   I realize that you already have a really great platform with the cowboy riding game on VzFit play and also the other games, but just thought that integrating live scenery or background would be cool.   

As another idea for a new game, you could also add a riding game where the user is riding to avoid Zombies chasing them and use the controller as a zapper to eliminate as you're speeding past them.   I think this would be popular if you had additional weapons the longer you rode, speed boost options along the way, perhaps to ride towards safe zones for breaks, and that would really add an optional arcade experience, that would be cool.   

Another gaming option would be to add a space themed game where riding, would put you in the cockpit of a plane or jet fighter to give a VR experience, or perhaps a train like experience game where your pedalling powers a steam locomotive on a scenery tour.  If you did a train like game, scenery packs could be added for different seasons, winter, summer, fall, spring etc.   This could be extended to a bullet train animation depending on how fast you pedal to give a VR experience.   Again these are just random ideas - which you can incorporate if you're interested.

Prior to having VzFit, I would just set up my Keiser bike in front of my LED tv and then play youtube ride along scenery to pretend I'd have a virtual riding experience.  This is definitely better, however I think there's also room for a mode that is just plain VR scenery that is smooth VR video feed in VR that allows you to see 360* while riding, but is a hybrid of actual maps versus just scenery.    Once in a while, I still default back to playing youtube ride videos because there's no weight on my head from the headset, but also because you just want a visual distraction while exercising.  If there's a way to incorporate a video feed from youtube in a certain mode by streaming VR scenery in a different mode so you can just ride along to it and pause / stop as required that would be a cool integration (I can do this through the Quest / Go Youtube App as well but it doesn't track my fitness stats that way).

Anyhow just a few ideas, and on my wish list is still an iOS app that can sync my rides to my apple health stats, but just wanted to check in to say that your programmers and developers have done an awesome job already and should be very proud of the progress you've made.

VzFit alone is enough reason to buy an Oculus Go headset, and you're definitely making a difference during these challenging times with COVID-19 and all the stay-at-home orders and making working out at home at least fun for all.

Keep up the great work!  Loving the updates!

Cheers Smile Winston
Thanks for the encouragement and great ideas!

(05-22-2020, 08:44 PM)GoMyFly247 Wrote: When the user created rides are listed, I can see how many times I've tried each one, but I was curious as to how to find out which user created rides had the actual most rides from the VzFit community to make it easier to sort the best ones to try out, perhaps by adding an option for upvoting certain rides (perhaps this function exists but I couldn't find it).

With more shared rides we'll be focusing on better tools to rate and search them, probably in the next sprint. The Explore Rides->Popular list is sorted simply by total spins, but is heavily weighted toward older suggested rides because of that. Until we have ratings in game, we created this "Ride Review" forum but people have to know to go there and leave reviews and ratings! If you have a few favorites do that now ;->

https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8

Quote:Also, not sure if this is easily done or not, but since you know how many km each route is, I thought it would be cool if you had the option to add an overlay on or virtual sign post that shows certain distance landmarks (ie.  1 mile mark, or 1 km mark (for metric)) so it provides additional motivation to keep going.    Having run a few 10km runs, I always find it motivational to see sign posts either ahead of me, or on the ground that tell me how far I've gone.

That's a great idea for overlaying in Explorer, going on the backlog.

Quote:Also, I thought it would be funny if when you do take a break to stop riding, either to grab a drink of water, and stop pedaling, that there could be an optional user animation feature could show your avatar doing the same during these pauses (so that the animated character looks like he/she is stopping for a water break).     Nintendo / other gaming platforms have mastered the idea of avatar mimicking that have led to their popularity over the years (think Wii fit etc).

This is a great polish feature that Pete our artist will enjoy doing! Note we're also interested in adding avatar upgrades to Explorer.

Quote:Perhaps from a workout perspective the VZfit explorer could also incorporate sprint timers like they have in the VZFit play so that during a ride, you could use your trainer mode and have timed sprints with overlay goals.   I realize that you already have a really great platform with the cowboy riding game on VzFit play and also the other games, but just thought that integrating live scenery or background would be cool.   

We're open to game ideas in Explorer as long as they doesn't overwhelm the interface. What you just said reminds me of Strava's segment challenges--displaying those right in Explorer would be awesome!

Quote:As another idea for a new game, you could also add a riding game where the user is riding to avoid Zombies chasing them and use the controller as a zapper to eliminate as you're speeding past them.   I think this would be popular if you had additional weapons the longer you rode, speed boost options along the way, perhaps to ride towards safe zones for breaks, and that would really add an optional arcade experience, that would be cool.   

Becker College has a student-made Zombie game on PC VR like this--we've encouraged them to port to Go/Quest and release it!

Quote:Another gaming option would be to add a space themed game where riding, would put you in the cockpit of a plane or jet fighter to give a VR experience, or perhaps a train like experience game where your pedalling powers a steam locomotive on a scenery tour.  If you did a train like game, scenery packs could be added for different seasons, winter, summer, fall, spring etc.   This could be extended to a bullet train animation depending on how fast you pedal to give a VR experience.   Again these are just random ideas - which you can incorporate if you're interested.

We've made some prototypes, but they need a _lot_ of terrain to fly & speed through! I worked on cockpit sims for years so hopefully we'll get there.

Quote:If there's a way to incorporate a video feed from youtube in a certain mode by streaming VR scenery in a different mode so you can just ride along to it and pause / stop as required that would be a cool integration (I can do this through the Quest / Go Youtube App as well but it doesn't track my fitness stats that way).

We have something in mind, but it may be a few sprints away...

Quote:VzFit alone is enough reason to buy an Oculus Go headset, and you're definitely making a difference during these challenging times with COVID-19 and all the stay-at-home orders and making working out at home at least fun for all.

Keep up the great work!  Loving the updates!

Shout it from the rooftops!
This thread has gotten quite long and it is full of suggestions and plans as well as summaries of the improvements you've made. Could you perhaps start a closed thread in which you just list the changes you've made and how to access them?

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot about the blog. It's all there.
(06-01-2020, 03:49 PM)kemscm Wrote: This thread has gotten quite long and it is full of suggestions and plans as well as summaries of the improvements you've made. Could you perhaps start a closed thread in which you just list the changes you've made and how to access them?

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot about the blog. It's all there.

We created this page for that specific reason Smile https://www.virzoom.com/updates/
Hi,
It could be great to add feature colored way ball (one white ball colored for example in yellow color or just ad arrow) in places, where is intersection of more roads with google street view ability. I have lost my way yesterday in custom made route in Croatia exactly in this case of problem.
Thanks! Smile

Best Wishes
Daniel
(06-11-2020, 11:12 AM)Churechawa Wrote: Hi,
It could be great to add feature colored way ball (one white ball colored for example in yellow color or just ad arrow) in places, where is intersection of more roads with google street view ability. I have lost my way yesterday in custom made route in Croatia exactly in this case of problem.
Thanks! Smile

Best Wishes
Daniel

That's a good idea for open rides, will put in backlog!  We were also thinking of changing the balls into arrows where you need to make a sharp turn to follow the path.