Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDK question(s)
I think a multi player game similar to slither.io or Agar.io could be amazing, and quite a bit of exercise, running, or chasing...depending on which end of things you are on! These type of games are even fun with AI opponents too, and quite addictive. . You start as a tiny fish... eat smaller organisms...avoid the larger ones. Could be first person, third person, or even a table top 3d perspective. This could be amazing!
SDK Question.... I suppose this probably goes beyond the SDK and into a lot of custom code but I'm wondering if there is any possibility of being able to develop within the Explorer environment at any point in the future.

in other words - it would be a blast to be able to make games that take place in the "real world" - building on what's already in Explorer but adding goals like a scavenger hunt for example, so a person could either pick an existing ride or create a new/random ride and be dropped into the Explorer world and the game would be generated around them...

Way beyond my skills at this point but just thinking of possibilities. Smile

One other question - can you guys help me with tracking the gaze position and adding a cursor/crosshair? I was trying to use the Oculus integration (OVRGazePointer and such) but it looks like this messes up input tracking. Is there something in the SDK I can access instead?
ok never mind about the crosshair, I believe I've got it
(04-10-2020, 03:46 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: SDK Question.... I suppose this probably goes beyond the SDK and into a lot of custom code but I'm wondering if there is any possibility of being able to develop within the Explorer environment at any point in the future.

in other words - it would be a blast to be able to make games that take place in the "real world" - building on what's already in Explorer but adding goals like a scavenger hunt for example, so a person could either pick an existing ride or create a new/random ride and be dropped into the Explorer world and the game would be generated around them...

Way beyond my skills at this point but just thinking of possibilities. Smile

We're keen ourselves on doing this very thing.  I don't think we can open source development of Explorer, but it would be great to get the help!

We've started with the trainer, and are adding points of interest you can ride to in the current sprint.  We also want to codify the UFO Hunt we had into a repeatable scavenger hunt, with results that are automatically updated on vzfit.com/events and awarded with badges on vzfit.com/stats.

Note that gameplay requiring items with actual locations needs to be in City Mode, because of the way we have to fixup lat/lon to show dots and transitions properly in Country and Comfort Modes.

We'd love other ideas for game modes you could just turn on in Explorer.
One idea I had is essentially a Pac-Man-Like experience where you have to follow the dots, and "eat" those dots along the way for points... not sure if/how you could implement "ghosts" to chase the player but it could be fun with some other mechanic, like after so many dots you get a power-up or something...