Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZfit Explorer favorite rides
And now have added "simonator's County Galway Ride", because Ireland is awesome
(07-17-2019, 04:59 PM)emalafeew Wrote: And now have added "simonator's County Galway Ride", because Ireland is awesome

FINISHED all of the current rides.  So do I get a cookie? Regarding this ride, I started yesterday and picked it up to finish this morning.  The last time I saw my miles to complete it was a bit over Six miles to go.  All of a sudden, I see confetti, but no gate.  Sure enough, the HUD shows 0 miles to go and records that I finished. 

On  side note, depending on the background color Miles to Go and % Complete is often impossible to see. Consider pushing the results closer to the top bar and surrounding by grey too? Maybe configurable for those who don't like the head space intrusion.
(07-18-2019, 12:31 PM)Officespaced Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 04:59 PM)emalafeew Wrote: And now have added "simonator's County Galway Ride", because Ireland is awesome

FINISHED all of the current rides.  So do I get a cookie? Regarding this ride, I started yesterday and picked it up to finish this morning.  The last time I saw my miles to complete it was a bit over Six miles to go.  All of a sudden, I see confetti, but no gate.  Sure enough, the HUD shows 0 miles to go and records that I finished. 

On  side note, depending on the background color Miles to Go and % Complete is often impossible to see. Consider pushing the results closer to the top bar and surrounding by grey too? Maybe configurable for those who don't like the head space intrusion.

That's incredible!  You're also #1 in total spins.  

Something is definitely up with your Galway ride, will try to repro.  We'll also be adding more telemetry to be able to show players "furthest along before they finish" on the leaderboards, which should also help me diagnose and restore people in case of errors.

Will look into an outlined font for the miles-to-go and %-complete.  I know sometimes you can't see them but have been lazy because the sky usually doesn't stay white behind them.
If you have any rides worth sharing, would be happy to make one our next Suggested ride, in honor of your accomplishment!

We're also thinking of some upcoming Tour de France stages.
(07-18-2019, 01:29 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Will look into an outlined font for the miles-to-go and %-complete.  I know sometimes you can't see them but have been lazy because the sky usually doesn't stay white behind them.

Also for the info that floats over the trainer's head, please! Maybe just using a gray background like the rest of the HUD for this info instead of an outlined font could be another option?
We've added Stage 20 from the Tour de France, which the actual riders will be hitting in a week on July 27.

"One day before they hit Paris, riders will face their final Alpine test. This short, 130K stage from Albertville to Val Thorens features three climbs: the Cormet de Roseland, the Côte de Longefoy, and the final 33K (!) ascent to the famous Val Thorens ski resort. The race’s third summit finish above 2,000 meters—a new record—it’s also the last chance for riders hoping to win the 2019 Tour. With so much climbing, and without a late-race time trial, this could be the year where a pure climber wins it all." (https://www.bicycling.com/tour-de-france...st-stages/)

It's broken into Climb 1, 2, and 3 for those three sections. If they're too tough going uphill then ride them in reverse Big Grin

Ride it before then watch the race that day!
Oh no! I ran into a glitch on Climb 1. I ran out of white dots at 40% when riding forward. I exited by starting a different ride, then tried to resume climb 1, but still no more white dots. Pac-Man sad... Or would it be Pac-Monsieur in this case? My ride should still be at that point if you're able to debug from that.
(07-19-2019, 03:14 PM)surfous Wrote: Oh no! I ran into a glitch on Climb 1. I ran out of white dots at 40% when riding forward. I exited by starting a different ride, then tried to resume climb 1, but still no more white dots. Pac-Man sad... Or would it be Pac-Monsieur in this case? My ride should still be at that point if you're able to debug from that.

Grrr, we checked the paths in Streetview and rode the first 30%. Will see about your location now.

I see the problem, the road splits there and Streetview only took other lane from our Google directions path. Will try to patch up our path now...
The Climb 1 ride is now fixed, thanks for the report!! You'll want to "Resume 40%" on that ride from any tab except Recent.

I found another such problem halfway down Climb 3, and also fixed that.
(07-18-2019, 10:02 PM)surfous Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 01:29 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Will look into an outlined font for the miles-to-go and %-complete.  I know sometimes you can't see them but have been lazy because the sky usually doesn't stay white behind them.

Also for the info that floats over the trainer's head, please! Maybe just using a gray background like the rest of the HUD for this info instead of an outlined font could be another option?

I added a lightly outlined font for these three texts in last night's Explorer release.  It's a tough balance to keep readable against all backgrounds, but a gray background for the max sizes they could get felt too large.