Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about yourself
(03-24-2019, 06:13 PM)espo Wrote: Ok, after I downloaded the updated applications I can get past the license screen. I took a ride in my home town in Rhode Island and everything went fine. A little graphic intensive as I was riding in the country in a wooded area but the tip section says for best results ride on an open road so that's to be expected. By they way I am writing this at 3am in Korea that's how excited I was to use the new software with the original bike. It is a great experience. I rode for 15 minutes without noticing it thanks for the great good making this product

Glad to hear it and thanks for hanging in there!  I've been looking into rides around Korea with my daughter who wants to visit badly--let us know on the Favorite Rides thread if you know any  Cool
I'll send some rides from the Philippines and I'm a much better acquainted with that area for exercise. I lived there for 10 years and maybe some from Guam as I lived there for 10 years also.

I noticed that the top speed in the new applications is 85 KM an hour on the bike ride is that as intended? Also a way to change the speed to miles per hour as an option would be nice

thanks

Steve
(03-21-2019, 11:36 PM)bdushok Wrote: I had a crash about 30 minutes into using Explorer.   The problem occurred immediately after I changed directions followed by a view change.   I'll see if I'm able to reproduce the problem and will give you more details if I'm able.

We fixed a crash we saw from our logs in latest build, let us know if it happens again!
(03-22-2019, 04:31 PM)bdushok Wrote: All was well until just after gate 10, about 10 minutes into the ride.    At that point the road disappeared.   It appeared like I was riding off a cliff.   I road for about 10 minutes in what appeared to be clouds.   The road never reappeared so I quit the app.

This is also fixed in the latest build.  Thanks for your help!
(03-24-2019, 05:06 PM)Officespaced Wrote: I also still rock out occasionally to Rock Band...  

Welcome!  If there was only a way to combine guitar and biking   Big Grin
Hi, I am Arunas Urbonas. I live in Valdosta, Georgia. I’ve been using original Virzoom bike since August 2017. I’ve been exercising on Virzoom almost every day. There is no question that I got in so much better shape using it?. I would like to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart!
I created another account and now I am trying VZfit. Playing games first thing I noticed that environmental in Pegasus games looks very plain now. It looked better with trees. Now looks like a desert.
It is definitely a learning curve to use oculus go. I got oculus go to pair with VZfit. My old system is with regular Oculus with Wall sensors. To make a 180 degree turn in the tank game takes extra effort and the perimeter of turning is extremely large. I like new feature that you can shoot much faster. Interesting new feature with diamonds to collect.

I Miss leaderboard. Also there is no future of time in the top. In the old system you can see total how long of you been exercising. This is useful.
I had doubts about the button. Not anymore. It is quite comfortable when you positioned it properly.
Explorer game is crashing quite a bit when you get off the track. When You get stuck you cannot do anything. Is explorer more for riding there outside the city? City views are quite distorted.
I will be traveling to Puerto Rico next week and I am planning to take my oculus go with vzfit sensor kit with me. when I will be staying in the hotel I will try using ir. Do you think I will be able to connect?
Hi Arunas we recognize your player name! Thanks for being with us so long, we hope VZfit will continue to delight and exercise you.

> Playing games first thing I noticed that  environmental in Pegasus games looks very plain now.  It looked better with trees. Now looks like a desert. 

It's true Pegasus canyon took the biggest graphics hit, because it's such a large landscape where you can go anywhere on the ground _and_ see everything from the sky.  Most game optimizations take advantage of one or the other. Our artist greatly wants to get some trees back for the Quest, but we don't think can be the 10,000 we had on PC.

> To make a 180 degree turn in the tank game takes extra effort and the perimeter of turning is extremely large. 

The maximum turn rate should be the same in all games on Go (with head tilt) and PC/Quest (with leaning). It may be you are less comfortable tilting your head from so much play on the PC. Another user suggested an "increased tilt sensitivity" option we are considering, but most new users in our experience err toward tilting too much.

> I like new feature that you can shoot much faster.  Interesting new feature with  diamonds to collect.

I'm glad you noticed the new "dead eye" powerup and bonus round in Tank! 

> I Miss leaderboard.

We realize that weekly game leaderboards were a big motivation. We have replaced them with Event leaderboards that focus everyone on a certain game and type of scoring for a month, sometimes with a prize draft at the end. 

All of our games were redesigned to provide workouts of any length, based on feedback that dying or running out of time to generate high scores could break a workout rhythm.  It was a hard decision that we felt necessary for the fitness market, and focused on adding game challenges that don't break your rhythm.

And note that multiplayer games now have leaderboards where they didn't before.  This is possible because they synchronize players' start to be able to determine a winner at the end.  Currently we limit multiplayer to head-to-head for easy matchmaking but could expand to larger groups for eSports.

> Also there is no future of time in the top. In the old system you can see total how long of you been exercising. This is useful. 

Our HUD timer now counts down based on the workout time you selected.  Would you like an option to show total time across all games?

> I had doubts about the button. Not anymore. It is quite comfortable when you positioned it properly. 

Glad to hear it!

> Explorer game is crashing quite a bit when you get off the track. When You get stuck you cannot do anything. 

You can only follow connected Street View locations in Explorer, so it is possible to hit dead ends on small roads or in countries that don't have much coverage.  Finding good rides is challenging but rewarding, which is why we are introducing a system for our riders to share what they've found in our next release.  Note you can follow our Suggested Rides for 10+ miles without even turning, but in the next release we'll also support turning directions to get to end points, which we hope will be satisfying to collect!

> Is explorer more for riding there outside the city?  City views are quite distorted. 

Yes, it definitely works better outside of cities, though some cities with either consistently low or high roadside features can work well.  Another rider also suggested we add that to our search tips.

> I will be traveling to Puerto Rico next week and I am planning to take my oculus go with vzfit sensor kit with me. when I will be staying in the hotel I will try using ir. Do you think I will be able to connect?

It's exactly the kind of thing you can do with the Sensor Kit!

If you have an internet connection then both Play and Explorer will work, though note Explorer needs about 3 Mbps for smooth location loading. 

If you don't have an internet connection, then Play will still work for up to two weeks offline before it needs a license refresh.  You can see the "offline date" in its Options menu.

Let us know any other ideas or feedback in a new thread, we are more than happy to get them to make VZfit better for everyone.
Thank you! Jason got in touch and was super helpful. I’m up and running. I have used the bike for about a year, but finally have one of my own. I really like the gate games and the duck pond. I love how the ducks give a little last burst of effort to get away when you’ve almost caught them - come here, duck!

(03-23-2019, 01:01 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 11:09 PM)AniX Wrote: I’m would love to be a regular VirZoom bike user - but, I can’t get my bike to work! I have contacted support@virzoom.com a few times over the last week, but haven’t received any response. Help?

Very sorry!  I see it's been a few days and will help immediately.  We're ramping up support now and appreciate your patience.
(03-31-2019, 04:41 PM)AniX Wrote: Thank you!  Jason got in touch and was super helpful.  I’m up and running.  I have used the bike for about a year, but finally have one of my own.  I really like the gate games and the duck pond.  I love how the ducks give a little last burst of effort to get away when you’ve almost caught them - come here, duck!

(03-23-2019, 01:01 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 11:09 PM)AniX Wrote: I’m would love to be a regular VirZoom bike user - but, I can’t get my bike to work! I have contacted support@virzoom.com a few times over the last week, but haven’t received any response. Help?

Very sorry!  I see it's been a few days and will help immediately.  We're ramping up support now and appreciate your patience.

It's almost like they don't want to be fed by Grandma!
Definitely it would be good to have total time spent exercising on the particular session. Usually I am targeting to exercise at least one hour.
Leaderboard the was one of the most important features to motivate me to exercise. I check the leaderboard daily to see where I am standing. Checking by points for each game and to buy miles in general . Current system doesn’t have this and this is very sad. You took away very important motivation factor!
Your events that I can complete are rare. You want to compete every day. Every day you want to see how you compare to others.
I think this is a big mistake taking this away!