+- (https://forums.vzfit.com)
+-- Forum: VZfit Forum (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Log in Error? (/showthread.php?tid=488)

Hi,
I can't log in. I pedal to connect and it says Checking Membership as usual but instead of taking me to the program, it says Login Error. Please restart and contact support if this happens again. I restarted the program and my headset to no avail. I checked and my account was billed for November so my subscription is active. I'm not sure what's happening. Was looking forward to a ride this evening.

RE: Log in Error? - emalafeew - 11-15-2020

(11-14-2020, 11:40 PM)cleee Wrote: Hi,
I can't log in. I pedal to connect and it says Checking Membership as usual but instead of taking me to the program, it says Login Error. Please restart and contact support if this happens again. I restarted the program and my headset to no avail. I checked and my account was billed for November so my subscription is active. I'm not sure what's happening. Was looking forward to a ride this evening.

Hi cleee, I'm not sure of the reason yet, but the easiest way to reset it might be to uninstall and reinstall your app.  You shouldn't lose any progress, which we store on our servers, but I've backed it up to be sure.  Please let us know if that works.

RE: Log in Error? - cleee - 11-15-2020

This is very frustrating. 

After the app stopped working, I came here and got 500 server errors in a red box on the manage rides page and another page that I don't remember. I should have taken screenshots. I thought maybe the site was down for maintenance so I let it be. As of now, if I click on the Profile Tab I get a server error page. I've attached a screenshot.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the same thing happened. There is some issue with my account it seems because I get to the Pedal to connect, it finds my sensor, says Checking VZ Fit membership and then the error shows up. I can open the Play software but that won't log in and it says that none of the progress I made in there will be saved.

Please fix this.

RE: Log in Error? - emalafeew - 11-17-2020

It looks like you're riding and your Profile menu is working again now. The problem was related to your strava authentication. We don't know the precise failure yet but are allowing it to happen now and not hold up your ride or profile page.

RE: Log in Error? - cleee - 11-17-2020

(11-17-2020, 01:01 PM)emalafeew Wrote: It looks like you're riding and your Profile menu is working again now.  The problem was related to your strava authentication. We don't know the precise failure yet but are allowing it to happen now and not hold up your ride or profile page.

Thank you very much! It turns out that I broke my own vzfit account. Your guy Jason at the help desk was awesome. When he mentioned it was an issue with my Strava account, I told him that I deleted my account there after looking it over because I hated the layout and did not want to bother. That apparently torched my vzfit account. So glad it's back working and you have some intel to work with if this happens to someone else.

RE: Log in Error? - emalafeew - 11-19-2020

We should thank you for helping us learn and handle that case! Happy riding!