updated elliptical options - Printable Version

+- (https://forums.vzfit.com)
+-- Forum: VZfit Forum (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: updated elliptical options (/showthread.php?tid=486)

updated elliptical options - rhavloth - 11-12-2020

Good morning, I just joined yesterday and am really enjoying this - and looking forward to many many hours of enjoyment.  As a long time gamer, I have the oculus quest 2, but needed to be able to up my steps for an office holiday step challenge, and VZFit is exactly what I was looking for.  

I'm using VZFit on my elliptical stepper and have had a couple of 'moment's, but otherwise doing great. 

I have a couple of questions: 
1) I wonder if there are any plans in the works to have an elliptical option with correct mileage, etc. 
2) the games don't seem to work well on the elliptical due to the speed that's required, an elliptical setting might help resolve that.

RE: updated elliptical options - emalafeew - 11-13-2020

Excellent, thanks for posting

1) Mileage is always going to be tricky, because there are many things that affect virtual speed/distance in VZfit that aren't known to your bike/elliptical, and conversely VZfit doesn't know about the resistance of your bike/elliptical which may affect the speed/distance it reports. You could get them to line up on a flat road at a certain difficulty and calibrated resistance, but that's about it.

2) You can turn down difficulty in the VZfit HUD to increase your "virtual gearing" by up to 2x, which should compensate for the cadence difference of most ellipticals. If that's not enough let us know!

RE: updated elliptical options - rhavloth - 11-13-2020

(11-13-2020, 03:42 AM)emalafeew Wrote: Excellent, thanks for posting

1) Mileage is always going to be tricky, because there are many things that affect virtual speed/distance in VZfit that aren't known to your bike/elliptical, and conversely VZfit doesn't know about the resistance of your bike/elliptical which may affect the speed/distance it reports.  You could get them to line up on a flat road at a certain difficulty and calibrated resistance, but that's about it.

2) You can turn down difficulty in the VZfit HUD to increase your "virtual gearing" by up to 2x, which should compensate for the cadence difference of most ellipticals.  If that's not enough let us know!

Thank you! 

I completely understand about the mileage. I guess it would kinda suck to actually travel at a jogging pace Smile.  I tracked it this morning and it looks like actual mileage on the elliptical was 27% of the bike estimate. 

I looked and I don't see any menu options for the virtual gearing. It sounds like exactly what I need.  Where do I find that?

RE: updated elliptical options - emalafeew - 11-14-2020

(11-13-2020, 01:07 PM)rhavloth Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 03:42 AM)emalafeew Wrote: Excellent, thanks for posting

1) Mileage is always going to be tricky, because there are many things that affect virtual speed/distance in VZfit that aren't known to your bike/elliptical, and conversely VZfit doesn't know about the resistance of your bike/elliptical which may affect the speed/distance it reports.  You could get them to line up on a flat road at a certain difficulty and calibrated resistance, but that's about it.

2) You can turn down difficulty in the VZfit HUD to increase your "virtual gearing" by up to 2x, which should compensate for the cadence difference of most ellipticals.  If that's not enough let us know!

Thank you! 

I completely understand about the mileage. I guess it would kinda suck to actually travel at a jogging pace Smile.  I tracked it this morning and it looks like actual mileage on the elliptical was 27% of the bike estimate. 

I looked and I don't see any menu options for the virtual gearing. It sounds like exactly what I need.  Where do I find that?

Look up at the HUD, and you'll see up and down arrows and your current difficulty fade in above it. Press those buttons to change the difficulty from 1-8.  Lower numbers make you go faster for the amount of pedaling you do.

RE: updated elliptical options - rhavloth - 11-16-2020

Ok. Thanks