Coins glitch? - Printable Version

+- (https://forums.vzfit.com)
+-- Forum: VZfit Forum (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Coins glitch? (/showthread.php?tid=420)

Coins glitch? - Stain2319 - 08-21-2020

i had recently ridden a couple of the VRFS rides and accumulated some coins - somewhere over 100 but less than 200.

This morning I went to customize my avatar and bought a shirt that cost 100 coins.

Then I immediately started a new ride and it says I have -100 coins?

RE: Coins glitch? - Snowpelt - 08-21-2020

Hey Stain,

Just checked this, it's a display bug we will fix. The HUD shows your coins earned that session and right now it's counting spent coins as part of that display. So if you log in spend 100 coins then pick up one it will say -90. In the customize menu though it will accurately reflect your old banked amount +10 coins. We will hot fix it but let us know if your seeing something different.

RE: Coins glitch? - emalafeew - 08-24-2020

On Friday we changed the HUD to display total coins instead of session coins which just avoids this bug.

RE: Coins glitch? - Shon_T - 08-25-2020

(08-24-2020, 05:12 PM)emalafeew Wrote: On Friday we changed the HUD to display total coins instead of session coins which just avoids this bug.

So yesterday I think I had something like 2.1k coins. I spent 2k, and while riding it still showed 2.1k coins. Once I got another coin... the HUD reset and showed the correct amount.

I know you have gone back and forth between resetting the coins on the main HUD and keeping a running total. Maybe I am in the minority, but I prefer the reset showing how many coins I earned that session rather than the running total. A running total can still be found in the store. I realize it was somewhat confusing for folks at first... but that is often true with any new feature, and I think folks will get used to it. 

Sometimes when I am pushing myself... I set small goals like, "Just until I hit 180 minutes", or "just until I hit 10k spins". I could imagine some folks using the coins as another motivator to keep riding just a bit further... I appreciate the work that has gone into implementation of this update.

RE: Coins glitch? - Stain2319 - 08-25-2020

Maybe you can go back to coins per session, but just clamp the value at 0?

RE: Coins glitch? - Snowpelt - 08-26-2020

It's a balance between new users experience and experienced users I think. The number of people confused by the original implementation was significantly higher than any other feature we have added. This may be because it was more visible of a feature so people found it faster. Per session works well in some cases, like the one you describe, but I think it would need to be better tutorialized or explained to new users. Often the headsets lose tracking or require a reset, or game restart, and the feeling of logging back in and seeing your coin count at 0 can be particularly discouraging. This is of course true of all the other stats as well, but they don't have a current reward based on them.

RE: Coins glitch? - spyder17 - 08-27-2020

Finished the VRFS ride in Italy and did not get any coins at the end of the ride. I had about 1640 at the finish. I saw where it showed about -1700 coins and then went back to the total of 1640 which is what I had before finishing. Not sure what happened. Exited Explorer and came back in and still only showing what I had b4 finishing the ride.