Our next update - Printable Version

+- (https://forums.vzfit.com)
+-- Forum: VZfit Forum (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Our next update (/showthread.php?tid=39)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 02-27-2020

To keep it an exercise game, you could to pedal to reel in the fish!

As our only Play level with a continuous day/night cycle, it currently has different gameplay for day and night.

During the day it's like the old game "Snake" (or more recently Pacman DX) where you get ducks to follow you and drop them off at grandmas around the lake for score. They'll follow when you come near or you can throw food to get them come a bit farther. The more ducks that follow you, you get progressively more score, but it's also easier for them to get snagged in weeds or for the grandmas to disappear at dusk.

At night, the fish glow and you see underwater gems. Throw food in the water to lead them around the good/blue gems and avoid the bad/red gems.

We'll probably start with this gameplay, but after it's in we could easily add new levels for multiplayer racing and fishing.

RE: Our next update - KevinBrook - 03-01-2020

This sounds awesome. I wonder if I could make it run on my Concept 2?

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 03-01-2020

We agree the kayak game would be great on a rowing machine, if you could do a little R&D for us.

Our sensor measures gyroscopic speed along its “outward” axis, so if there’s a way to attach it like that to the flywheel we’d then just have to provide a sufficient speed adjustment, since a concept 2 flywheel moves a lot faster than a bike crank!

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 03-01-2020

Btw the other thing we’re planning this month are weekly spin events, that automatically compare your total spins per week vs everyone else, whether you ride in Explorer or Play.

RE: Our next update - pastorjeff - 03-06-2020

(01-11-2020, 07:47 PM)emalafeew Wrote: We've found that it's critical for people to turn their heads to steer in VR to reduce simulation sickness.  We've tested autosteering in Explorer and found it feels very bad, so have kept your ability to control yourself in Explorer as well as Play.

- OH PLEASE NO. Just got this an it's amazing, but the 'tilt to steer" on the Go is the worst thing ever. I can handle "simulation sickness" all day long - give ME the choice, don't make it for me. What makes me sick is tilting my head like a dork to try and follow the road - and not being able to look around (because the second I do I'm off the road.) PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS, it's horrible as it is. 

RE: Our next update - fmario619 - 03-07-2020

(03-01-2020, 09:06 AM)emalafeew Wrote: Btw the other thing we’re planning this month are weekly spin events, that automatically compare your total spins per week vs everyone else, whether you ride in Explorer or Play.

this is awesome. I like to believe my suggestion sparked this but you all probably were planning this for a while.

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 03-09-2020

(03-06-2020, 11:48 PM)pastorjeff Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 07:47 PM)emalafeew Wrote: We've found that it's critical for people to turn their heads to steer in VR to reduce simulation sickness.  We've tested autosteering in Explorer and found it feels very bad, so have kept your ability to control yourself in Explorer as well as Play.

- OH PLEASE NO. Just got this an it's amazing, but the 'tilt to steer" on the Go is the worst thing ever. I can handle "simulation sickness" all day long - give ME the choice, don't make it for me. What makes me sick is tilting my head like a dork to try and follow the road - and not being able to look around (because the second I do I'm off the road.) PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS, it's horrible as it is. 

In Explorer we could add an “autosteer” option for those with the stomach. But note you can look around now in Go without steering if you keep your head up.

RE: Our next update - Loyalty - 03-20-2020

New user here and love it so far! One thing I believe should be implemented is the ability to increase your workout time on the fly. Many times, I begin something on 10mins thinking that's all I will do, and at 8mins I realize I'm now in a groove and want to keep going instead of finish and begin a new one or quit and start a new one.

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 03-20-2020

That's a great idea! Maybe we can popup a dialog when it's a minute from ending, and press a button to add 10 min.

RE: Our next update - Shon_T - 03-20-2020

(03-20-2020, 03:42 AM)emalafeew Wrote: That's a great idea!  Maybe we can popup a dialog when it's a minute from ending, and press a button to add 10 min.

I second the idea. Smile