Our next update - Printable Version

+- (https://forums.vzfit.com)
+-- Forum: VZfit Forum (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Our next update (/showthread.php?tid=39)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 07-17-2020

Glad you're back Superlith!

Will look into your Fitbit sync yesterday. We still hear you about weekly leaderboards per game, but we've tried it already with weekly best-score events for every game, and that brought people together less well than our current cumulative-score events for one game a week. And we can't go completely back to VirZOOM Arcade game rules and leaderboards.

RE: Our next update - Superlith - 07-21-2020

Eric, thank you for checking on the Fitbit synchronization.
I did not know that you already tried the weekly leaderboards for each game. Apparently I missed that within the last three months.
Current cumulative score events for one game a week should not work as good as weekly every game.
Some people (like me ?) like only certain games and sometimes I need to wait a couple of months until my game week comes.
That means I cannot compete on continuous basis.

It’s always good to offer more options to VZfit members to keep them motivated. My motivator is competition and there are many like me.
It can be customizable in the settings what type of motivational tool one would like to choose to keep involved.
If you keep us motivated, we will stick with Virzoom forever ?

RE: Our next update - GoMyFly247 - 07-22-2020

Just read the update about Oculus Go support and VzFit after December 4, 2020 and here's the useful link in case others haven't read it yet:

https://www.virzoom.com/2020/07/09/oculus-go-discontinued-what-it-means-for-vzfit-users/

Wondering if one option would be to offer future updates through SideQuest (would require a developer account setup on Oculus - pretty easy to setup) for the Go.   For me personally it's ok with the switch, because I also have the Oculus Quest headset, but it's too bad that they discontinued the Go as it was my preferred option because the headset is much lighter and easier to use for cycling.

Is it possible to add a link on the HUD so that we can skip tracks on the FM radio and also change radio stations without having to go through the setup menu?   Also, for the rides, it shows the percentage completed and the total distance of the ride, but can you also add the distance in units (ie. miles traveled, or km travelled?) as well as the % of the ride completed?   It's more fun to tell someone, hey I just rode 4 miles today on my bike, than saying I just completed 23% of a 17.40 mile ride, you know what I mean?

Thanks Smile

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 07-22-2020

(07-22-2020, 04:16 AM)GoMyFly247 Wrote: Just read the update about Oculus Go support and VzFit after December 4, 2020 and here's the useful link in case others haven't read it yet:

https://www.virzoom.com/2020/07/09/oculus-go-discontinued-what-it-means-for-vzfit-users/

Wondering if one option would be to offer future updates through SideQuest (would require a developer account setup on Oculus - pretty easy to setup) for the Go.   For me personally it's ok with the switch, because I also have the Oculus Quest headset, but it's too bad that they discontinued the Go as it was my preferred option because the headset is much lighter and easier to use for cycling.

Is it possible to add a link on the HUD so that we can skip tracks on the FM radio and also change radio stations without having to go through the setup menu?   Also, for the rides, it shows the percentage completed and the total distance of the ride, but can you also add the distance in units (ie. miles traveled, or km travelled?) as well as the % of the ride completed?   It's more fun to tell someone, hey I just rode 4 miles today on my bike, than saying I just completed 23% of a 17.40 mile ride, you know what I mean?

Thanks Smile

Those ideas are in our upcoming customizable HUD task, thanks!  

Regarding Go builds beyond December, we can't say now if Sidequest will be an option.  One complication for us is we'll only be able to keep up to date with Quest support by getting Oculus SDK updates, which after December won't support the Go like the stopped supporting GearVR earlier this year.  We're looking at all options and will have more to say as that date approaches.

RE: Our next update - Superlith - 07-22-2020

Did 25 minutes of the gate race event out of 45. Again hit the yellow options circle in the top and kicked me out.
You cannot go back to continue, just have to start from the beginning. Very upsetting if you compete and you going for good score. Happened to me several times before. Is there anyway to prevent this?
Maybe when you click the yellow circle you would still be able to continue peddling in the game, and if you really want to quit, then you have click the button again to confirm.

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 07-22-2020

(07-22-2020, 09:47 PM)Superlith Wrote: Did 25 minutes of the gate race event out of 45. Again hit the yellow options circle in the top and kicked me out.
You cannot go back to continue, just have to start from the beginning. Very upsetting if you compete and you going for good score. Happened to me several times before. Is there anyway to prevent this?
Maybe when you click the yellow circle you would still be able to continue peddling in the game, and if you really want to quit, then you have click the button again to confirm.

The yellow options circle should bring up the pause menu, from which you can continue or exit.  I'll try to repro what you're describing.

RE: Our next update - spyder17 - 07-23-2020

Got the blue blob again. Had been riding for about 25 minutes, about same as last time I got the blob.

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 07-23-2020

(07-23-2020, 06:29 AM)spyder17 Wrote: Got the blue blob again.  Had been riding for about 25 minutes, about same as last time I got the blob.

Do you know if stopping and holding B for high-res mode fixed it?  Also do you remember if the HUD and avatar kept rendering over the blob?  Or if it went away in City mode?  Those seemed to be the cases in other reports

The strangest thing is this started being reported on a build we'd made no change to, so is either a dynamic data issue or maybe Oculus firmware issue, or maybe a new manifestation of overheating.

We've tried using the latest build of Unity and Oculus SDK to fix, which helped in another weird case before.  We've also changed the way we render the scene based on way HUD and avatar still seem to show.  No luck so far.

We have another thing to try based on high-res and City modes seeming to work, but it's a pretty big change so would love to have a more solid repro.

RE: Our next update - spyder17 - 07-24-2020

Rode today but no blob. I could see the HUD through it and it went away in City mode, but returned in comfort and country mode.

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 07-24-2020

(07-24-2020, 01:29 AM)spyder17 Wrote: Rode today but no blob.  I could see the HUD through it and it went away in City mode, but returned in comfort and country mode.

Thanks for the details!