Our next update - Printable Version

+- (https://forums.vzfit.com)
+-- Forum: VZfit Forum (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Our next update (/showthread.php?tid=39)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Our next update - Churechawa - 06-14-2020

(06-12-2020, 06:15 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 11:12 AM)Churechawa Wrote: Hi,
It could be great to add feature colored way ball (one white ball colored for example in yellow color or just ad arrow) in places, where is intersection of more roads with google street view ability. I have lost my way yesterday in custom made route in Croatia exactly in this case of problem.
Thanks! Smile

Best Wishes
Daniel

That's a good idea for open rides, will put in backlog!  We were also thinking of changing the balls into arrows where you need to make a sharp turn to follow the path.

It is great to hear it! Thank you for getting info. Al Best
Daniel

RE: Our next update - cshartmann - 06-20-2020

Winterstan has really gotten bad recently. 2 of my games had to be terminated when 3 and then 4 tanks were nowhere to be found in the high rounds. Used to be a problem with 1 tank, now it's multiples and almost every other game. Then today, after about 25 minutes of a 45 minute game, the video went completely flaky and had to restart again.
I hope the Winterstan update is coming soon, because it's a great game when it works.

RE: Our next update - Snowpelt - 06-21-2020

The tanks fix is in our build that is currently out to testers. Baring something huge coming up, our goal is a Wednesday release.

The video thing is a new bug that we are trying to chase down, it seems to be headset related since it's happening in the build that had been stable from last update but only recently started. Any more info you can provide about when it happened, how long you had been playing total, room temperature, battery level etc could help us chase it down.

RE: Our next update - jcb - 06-28-2020

(06-21-2020, 12:52 AM)Snowpelt Wrote: The tanks fix is in our build that is currently out to testers. Baring something huge coming up, our goal is a Wednesday release.

The video thing is a new bug that we are trying to chase down, it seems to be headset related since it's happening in the build that had been stable from last update but only recently started. Any more info you can provide about when it happened, how long you had been playing total, room temperature, battery level etc could help us chase it down.

Hello,

I spend most of my VZFIT time playing Thunderbowl. I love it so much I hardly feel like I'm exercising but am enjoying it much less recently. With the most recent update, tanks I have just destroyed now hit me multiple seconds later. There is no way they could have gotten a shot off but I get hit none the less. This may have something to do with new swirling debris piles. My scores are significantly lower as a result. 

Another problem lowering my scores and fun is the new Satechi button. The button that came with the spin sensor initially was much more reliable. Pressing it would almost always trigger a shot. Sadly I used it so much it broke. I have tried 2 of the newer visibly different Satechi buttons, all from you, and both fail to trigger a shot maybe 10% of the time. I would not describe this as acceptable. If there was a reliable alternative I would use it. The Tunai button was definitely not it.

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 06-29-2020

(06-28-2020, 06:45 PM)jcb Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 12:52 AM)Snowpelt Wrote: The tanks fix is in our build that is currently out to testers. Baring something huge coming up, our goal is a Wednesday release.

Hello,

I spend most of my VZFIT time playing Thunderbowl. I love it so much I hardly feel like I'm exercising but am enjoying it much less recently. With the most recent update, tanks I have just destroyed now hit me multiple seconds later. There is no way they could have gotten a shot off but I get hit none the less. This may have something to do with new swirling debris piles. My scores are significantly lower as a result. 

Another problem lowering my scores and fun is the new Satechi button. The button that came with the spin sensor initially was much more reliable. Pressing it would almost always trigger a shot. Sadly I used it so much it broke. I have tried 2 of the newer visibly different Satechi buttons, all from you, and both fail to trigger a shot maybe 10% of the time. I would not describe this as acceptable. If there was a reliable alternative I would use it. The Tunai button was definitely not it.

This looks like a bug in our respawning of AI tanks when they appear to be stuck.  There's a Play hotfix coming today for that

RE: Our next update - emalafeew - 06-29-2020

Our June release is out and stabilized, so we're onto the next sprint!

We're planning a mini-sprint to be released in two weeks in parallel with larger sprint with two big features.

For the mini-sprint:

* In June we added "Cycling Power" support for bluetooth power meters and trainers like the CycleOps M2, but now have a Rock n Roll trainer from Kinetic to implement FTMS, which will cover a wide range of new smart equipment.

* While adding snapshot mode we didn't get to a skin tone option so will be adding that now.

* We're also looking into more Explorer path bug reports with the help of our new intern Alex!

For the larger sprint:

* Snapshot mode was a prelude to a new system for unlockable avatar customizations in Explorer. Earning enough coins for sweet jerseys and bikes will be a fun incentive.

* We're also coming back to something that can make rides feel better, which is preprocessing to smooth out Streetview image transitions and autosteering. It may have a couple other benefits but can't say those yet! At first we'll be doing this for all suggested rides, but our hope is to enable it for all user-shared rides as well.

RE: Our next update - Shon_T - 07-01-2020

I haven't been riding all that much, but I've been absolutely amazed with the improvements over the last couple of months. I love auto steering. Now I can remove the headset and wipe sweat off my face without worrying about crashing into the side of the road! I can keep pedaling while moving my headset to drink some water, and I won't lose my pace.

I'm loving the integration of the FM radio too. I have a pretty eclectic taste in music and so far, I have found a couple of channels I enjoy.

The "b" button for High res picture mode is a fantastic addition! I love it!!! I used to constantly change back and forth between country mode and comfort mode, but this removes the need to do that for quick glances at scenery.

Maybe it is just me...but performance on the Go seems more stabilized. I'm not having the crashes I was experiencing a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to future improvements!

RE: Our next update - jqnatividad - 07-03-2020

Just wanted to say that I really love High Res mode, and I now find myself frequently stopping just to enjoy the view on the more scenic rides.

With that said, High Res does expose the jarring effect of the 3d treatment done by Explorer to make it bikeable. Hopefully, the StreetView preprocessing the dev team is planning will help maintain the visual fidelity of the rides, and really make the 3d maps higher quality.

RE: Our next update - Snowpelt - 07-03-2020

The other thing to keep in mid with High Res is that it's the 4k Google Image, and it loads when you stop moving. That is not the same image you are seeing while biking, so they are significantly clearer.

RE: Our next update - Hanne - 07-03-2020

Something I would really like, is a map on my profile that shows the routes I have ridden in Explorer. And I was a bit dissapointed to find that miles in Explorer don't count for goals and unlocks. I really like goals and unlocks, and lik Explorer better. I want to plow at about the same speed for 50 minutes or so, and not be forced to go faster or slower as in the games it is often the case.