Pressing A not recognized to start Explorer, Play - Printable Version

+- (https://forums.vzfit.com)
+-- Forum: VZfit Forum (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Pressing A not recognized to start Explorer, Play (/showthread.php?tid=251)

Pages: 1 2

Pressing A not recognized to start Explorer, Play - bmcoffice - 04-16-2020

I've been happily using VZ Explorer and Play since last fall without issue. Took a break for 2-3 weeks, came back to find new updates (great!). However, there now seems to be a real problem with recognizing the A button to center my position before a ride starts. Most of the time, no matter how many times I press A, nothing happens. I don't think it's the controller, as the left and right buttons work the volume of the Quest just fine. I tried re-pairing the gamepad, and this didn't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

RE: Pressing A not recognized to start Explorer, Play - Snowpelt - 04-16-2020

This is an odd one. I am going to assume you have already tried pressing the B button instead of A?

I know your ability to much in that first screen is limited. If you use the quest controller you should be able to get past that and try to play around in the selection menu to maybe see if you can get a response.

RE: Pressing A not recognized to start Explorer, Play - bmcoffice - 04-16-2020

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried again this evening, and after one crash just after launching Explorer, it all just started working.

I will say that this morning, I was trying to use the Left hand controller for the first time ever to launch the game, as my right hand controller is now mounted in a custom adapter for playing table tennis in VR. Tonight I used the right hand controller. It's the only difference I can think of.

While I was trying tonight, I think I realized that it hadn't been  the initial press of the A button that was the problem this morning. It was the second one, at the point when the game wants you to center yourself over the handlebars. It just would not recognize the A that time. 

I'll experiment more tomorrow, and report back.

RE: Pressing A not recognized to start Explorer, Play - Snowpelt - 04-16-2020

Great glad you got it working tonight! Let me know how it turns out and we can try to chase it down if it's still a problem!

RE: Pressing A not recognized to start Explorer, Play - bmcoffice - 04-17-2020

(04-16-2020, 04:12 AM)Snowpelt Wrote: Great glad you got it working tonight! Let me know how it turns out and we can try to chase it down if it's still a problem!

Had the same problem this morning. I think there might be an issue if you launch the game with the Left hand controller. I hadn't even touched the right controller, so it was still asleep? The A on the gamepad for connect works, but the A for center yourself doesn't. Again this morning, I fixed it by exiting the app, going and getting the right hand controller, and using It to launch the game.

RE: Pressing A not recognized to start Explorer, Play - Snowpelt - 04-17-2020

Let me see if I can reproduce this hopefully we can figure out what the issue is.

RE: Pressing A not recognized to start Explorer, Play - bmcoffice - 04-17-2020

I want to mention that I do appreciate how quickly VZFIT looks into issues. Great support!

OK, a little bit of a refinement. This morning, I had the issue again. And again, I had not touched the Right Hand controller, only used the Left. Again, the A button on the gamepad worked for "Connecting", but not for "Recentering".

This time, I didn't even exit the game. I hopped off the bike, went and got the Right Hand controller (which woke it up, I don't think I even pressed any buttons on it). Now that the Right Hand controller was awake, and nearby, the A button on the gamepad was accepted by the Recenter prompt.

Thanks for the specifics! I was able to successfully reproduce the problem which is always the first step in addressing it!

Hey BMC,

Ok so I just spent a little while hammering on this and while I can get the behavior every now and then I can't seem to consistently get it to stick. Next time you get stuck on this can you try looking down and hitting the A button 5 or 6 times to see if it gets you through? I can frequently get it to be an issue on presses 1 and 2, but it seems that once I wake the controller up it works. For some reason with the right controller live it always works on the second press.

Also agree there seems to be no problem when right controller is awake or once you get in the game. Also left controller trigger seems to always work, and then A works in game.

Mind giving it a try and reporting back?

RE: Pressing A not recognized to start Explorer, Play - bmcoffice - 04-18-2020

I'm pretty confident that I did try pressing A 5 or 6 times each time I've run into this. But I'll be happy to try it again next time I'm on the bike. I'll let you know...