Explorer resume ride question - Printable Version

+- (https://forums.vzfit.com)
+-- Forum: VZfit Forum (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Explorer resume ride question (/showthread.php?tid=176)

Explorer resume ride question - Laser3003 - 02-19-2020

Hello ...I'm a noob...sorry

But I can't seem to save and resume a long ride in explorer....I want to ride from Florida to Virginia and was hoping to ride a bit each day..
Is this something I can do ???? thanks 

Jay

RE: Explorer resume ride question - emalafeew - 02-19-2020

Hi, it should be doing that automatically, but if not I can help!

There are two ways we remember ride progress. One is when you quit Explorer we save your ride progress, and start you up there when you launch Explorer. Two is when you choose a different ride, we save your ride progress, and then when you choose the original ride gain you'll see a "RESUME %" button. That's what you want to hit to resume your ride from that %. The other two buttons, Ride Forward and Ride Reverse, will restart that ride from the beginning or the end of the ride path.

Btw we're renaming those three buttons in our next build (hopefully tomorrow) to be more clear.

RE: Explorer resume ride question - Shon_T - 02-21-2020

(02-19-2020, 10:29 PM)Laser3003 Wrote: Hello ...I'm a noob...sorry

But I can't seem to save and resume a long ride in explorer....I want to ride from Florida to Virginia and was hoping to ride a bit each day..
Is this something I can do ???? thanks 

Jay

I'm fairly new myself. I'm about 800 miles into a through ride of Japan right now.

In the pause menu (compass) the GPS Coordinates flash on the bottom of the screen every few seconds. For example I'm currently at 34.713724, 137.72793 on my ride. 

I occasionally plug the coordinates into my phone and use the "save" button to mark them with a star. By saving a "bookmark", I can keep track of where I am at on my journey, and create a new ride if needed.

RE: Explorer resume ride question - Stain2319 - 02-21-2020

I opened a support ticket on this, but I've had an issue with ride progress also.  I created a new ride called "Stain2319's 50 State Capitals Leg 1 Ride" and rode it a couple days ago.  Then yesterday, I went to resume, and I did not have a resume option - only start from beginning or end.   I went ahead and rode again yesterday for a bit, maybe 10 mins? Then I made sure to use the menus to exit Explorer before shutting off the headset.  This morning I launched the app (after updating it) and selected the same ride, and once again I did not have a "Resume" option - only "from start" or "from end."

RE: Explorer resume ride question - emalafeew - 02-21-2020

Stain I'm looking into that right now.

Ah, I understand why and will fix. I was hiding the resume button if 0% or 100%, but you've made such a long ride (2800 km!) that you're still at 0% after riding a while. Will find another way to hide that button if you've never started it.

RE: Explorer resume ride question - Shon_T - 02-21-2020

(02-21-2020, 06:49 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: I opened a support ticket on this, but I've had an issue with ride progress also.  I created a new ride called "Stain2319's 50 State Capitals Leg 1 Ride" and rode it a couple days ago.  Then yesterday, I went to resume, and I did not have a resume option - only start from beginning or end.   I went ahead and rode again yesterday for a bit, maybe 10 mins? Then I made sure to use the menus to exit Explorer before shutting off the headset.  This morning I launched the app (after updating it) and selected the same ride, and once again I did not have a "Resume" option - only "from start" or "from end."

Stain...see my "backup" suggestion above...  it might help if you find yourself in this situation again.

Stain's particular issue is a bug I'm fixing in a hotfix soon. We didn't actually lose his progress, but I still want to get to the bottom of anybody who is!

We're already doing things like backing up your progress locally in case it doesn't sync to our server, so I can't see how it's happening. In your case Shon, I can see you got to 44% in our telemetry but for some reason your progress summary file went back to 15%. Will try the same thing you did overnight.

RE: Explorer resume ride question - emalafeew - 02-22-2020

I fixed the missing resume button case and added another save checkpoint during periods of long (>30 min) pauses in a build update last night